Hello there :) hope everyone's having a splendid Sunday!
Here is a way to use those old candle jars lying around! All you need is the following items:
- A clean candle jar
- Ribbon, of your choice
- Acrylic Paint (I just used folkArt metallic acrylic paint in pure gold, but if you want something that will last longer I recommend an acrylic enamel paint).
- Q-tips, for creating the dots.
- Start at the bottom of the jar and start dotting!
- As you move up the jar, dots should be less and less and more spaced out.
- Once the pattern is to your liking, decorate the lid. I decided to make it look like a bow, making the dots towards the edges of the jar more dense and the center more sparse.
- Wrap a ribbon around the top of the jar and tie a bow, and you're done!
*Be aware that when using this method the paint is not sealed onto the jar, as this acrylic paint is just water based (and it was the only kind of paint I had lying around). The paint will not fall off, but if you try to scratch it off, it will come off. For simple cleaning, just use a dry cloth and spot clean.
As this will most likely just be used as decor around the house and just lying around once I find something to fill it with, I am not too worried about what will happen to the paint. Hang tight though, there will be more empty jar projects later on!
There's my simple upcycling idea for candle jars for the day :] Thanks for stopping by!