Saturday, April 13, 2013

Maybelline Color Sensational Color Whisper- Cherry on Top Review


Helloo! Today I'm gonna do a quickie review on the Maybelline Color Whisper-Cherry on Top.

Click below for more info and pictures!

The packaging is absolutely gorgeous! I was drawn into it! It has a tinted capsule based on the color of the lip product.  The tint is not the same as what inside the tube, so don't use that to determine which one to buy. I don't know if this was just my luck, or if it is how it's packaged, but when I was looking at them at Walmart, they weren't sealed, so you could actually just open them up to see the color.  Now keep that in mind when you are purchasing these products, because you might get some defective one. I used some rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad when I got home to clean the surface, where it could have been exposed.

That's how much was in my tube when after a couple of uses:

The initial color payoff is really nice, nicely pigmented. They are quite moisturizing on the lips as well. Very comfortable to wear; it doesn't feel too glossy, or too in your face (or in this case on your lips!) I would say it fades as time progresses, so you might have to reapply a couple times throughout the day, though the color is buildable. They have a nice range of colors from nudes to pinks to purples.

In natural light
I got mine from Walmart for around $3.70 +tax after a $2 off coupon from Seventeen magazine April 2013 issue.  Originally they are around $5-6 at Walmart or Target, and $7-8 at places like Walgreens and CVS.

It is definitely worth a try if you're looking for new lip products! Especially for the spring time, since they do have a nice selection of light/bright colors :]