Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Marc Jacobs DOT Fragrance Review

Hello there lovelies!

Are you looking for a new scent for the spring/summer, but still can't decide on what to get?  Take a look at my review on the gorgeous Marc Jacobs DOT perfume and see if this is the one for you!

Click below for more information and pictures!
So...I've had this for a couple months now, and I think now I can give a better review on what I think (and how I feel) about this fragrance.

Let's start firstly of how I even ventured onto choosing this perfume.

I wanted a nice bright scent, not too strong, but not too soft..? I went countless of times through Sephora and Macy's looking at their perfumes, sampling them, asking the sales associate of their opinions on the various products, etc. I spent a lot of time looking up reviews and seeing those pros and cons. And lemme tell you something ladies...there is a looooot of perfumes out there! With different scents and smells and ingredients and packaging. So many too choose from!  

In the end, I was set on choosing something...Marc Jacobs-y.  As most of you may know, Marc Jacobs has a handful of different fragrances, and who could say no to their cute packaging!  I sampled their Oh Lola!, Daisy Eau So Fresh Sunshine, and DOT. And as you guys know, you can't just sniff it from the bottle, you gotta try it on yourself to see how the fragrance works with you!  I loved the three fragrances, but there was something about DOT that kept making me go back to it. So... I bought it, as you may have guessed.

Here's the review!

The packaging is gorgeous! I have read a review that said the wings broke off or something, but mine have been fine. The bottle and the butterflies are plastic, so they're not in fancy glass bottles. ..Something to keep in mind.

The scent is a nice, playful, young, charming, but still...sophisticated.  I think regardless of the age, it'll work for anyone.  As described on the Sephora site, it has scents of Red Berries, Dragonfruit, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Coconut Water, Orange Blossom, Vanilla, Driftwood, Musk.

As for the longevity of this fragrance, I would say that, like most scents, it will "settle down"/linger, but I feel like it gets to this "lingering scent" stage a bit too quickly.

For the price, I'd say it's more of a splurge. I bought this at Sephora, and I'm sure you could find it elsewhere for a bit cheaper (fragrance/perfume shops, Amazon, etc.) For what you get from it, it is well worth the splurge!

Keep in mind that everyone's body chemistry is a little different, and if you are looking for fragrances, try it yourself and see how you smell with it, but definitely give this fragrance a try next time you're around the perfume counters!

I wish you guys the best of luck in finding a fragrance that suits you, and I would love it if you leave a comment and let me know what perfume you're currently using!

Have a wonderful day!