Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes Review


Hello hello!  I hope everyone has been doing well! Today I'm going to do a review on these cleansing facial wipes for you guys!

A couple months ago, I was looking around for some facial wipes, something to get rid of my makeup when I don't feel like using the liquid makeup removers, and something easy and gentle to the eyes when I use it.  I was researching around for wipes, okay not really....I went by Walmart one day and bought the Equate Beauty Wet Cleansing Towelettes, and I was thinking 60 wipes for the same price as  those 25 wipes, why not! They did not work out for me, the packaging did not keep the wipes moist, and they dried out quickly, to my dismay.  It looked promising though, as it was in a tub form; you win some, you lose some...

I came across a $2 off coupon for the Simple Cleansing Facial wipes soon after and decide to give it a try.  I bought them at Walmart for around $6 or so, $4 with that coupon and tried them out.  They sell it a couple dollars cheaper now, you can find them at Walmart for $4.97 without a coupon.  It is also around that price range at other drugstores and such.  As you can see from my sad, abused packaging, I use it a lot, and I do take it whenever I travel, because it is so convenient to do so.

So here's the review!

The packaging is nice and simple! Very travel friendly, and it has a seal, similar to cookies nowadays, that will keep the wipes fresh and moist. All you have to do is open it up, take one out, and reseal it!

The scent is actually not that strong. It kind of smells like aloe vera to me, very light, not overpowering at all.  You don't really smell anything like chemicals in this product.  As on the packaging, it says "NO ALCOHOL, NO OIL, non drying and no greasy residue. NO PERFUME, NO DYES, no harsh irritants that can upset your skin."  As this product is more geared towards sensitive skin, I wouldn't have expected the scent to be too crazy anyways.

The performance is absolutely wonderful.  The product is aimed for sensitive skin. I personally have sensitive to normal skin, and from the first use up to now I have never broken out from it.  It is very refreshing to use and it does get all my makeup off.  As stated on the package, it is "safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers, and is hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic" (does not tend to clog pores).  I do wear contacts, and I have had contact with the eye and the wipe, and it will sting, but it is nothing unbearable.  I would say it is a 1....1.5? on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most pain. Just a couple of blinks, and everything peachy again!

The price is around the same range as any other drugstore wipes that is out on the market right now, so I would not say that is a big factor if you're shopping around for facial wipes.  As stated before, Walmart has them from $4.97, the link I'll put here for you guys.  Target, Amazon, Walgreens, and such stores have them for similar prices as well.

Overall verdict: I highly, highly recommend this product for anyone who is looking for some kind of cleansing facial wipes.  I know I will be buying more of these when I run out, and you should give it a try and see how you like it as well!