Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Beauty Diary Black Pearl Mask Review


Hellos!

I hope you all have been doing wonderful! I apologize for my lack of posts, as I've been preparing for final examinations.  So...today I'm going to do a review for you guys!


For those of you who have never heard or thought this brand existed, let me tell you a little bit about it. My Beauty Diary is a brand that originates from Taiwan.  The company that makes this is the President Pharmaceutical corporation, so if you are looking around for it online, it may or may not include the company name as part of the product name. Don't be alarmed, or think you're being fooled! My Beauty Diary has a very large selection of face masks with different key ingredients and different purposes.  They have firming, whitening, brightening, hydrating, nourishing, and many more different types of masks. They have masks that smell like roses, apple, chocolate, and many more! For those of you who do not like the strong scents, you'll be sure to find one that suits you too!

Basics about the product:

The purpose of the Black Pearl Mask is for whitening and nourishing.  What whitening does is that it will diminish (not completely get rid of) the presence of those hyper pigmentation areas or discolorations on your face, which could be due to acne scars or from UV light, such as those little kisses from the sun (freckles!)  Either way, whitening will even out your skin tone.  The nourishing aspect of it, from the results I see from the mask, is that it will keep your face nice and moisturized, and it has a very cooling sensation.

The suitable skin type as described on the box is that it is for "normal and specially recommended for skin lacking luster and elasticity."  On the individual face masks though, it says that it is suitable for all skin types, so that is up to your discretion. I have normal to sensitive skin and I see no problem with using it. I've never broken out from it; they use natural ingredients, and I don't ever feel it being harsh or abrasive on the skin.

The shelf life is three years, which is a very long time for you to use the masks. There are ten individual masks in the box, and I've used one every few, couple of weeks or so. On the packaging, it is recommended that you should do 2-3 applications per week, but in my opinion, that's just a tad too many times!

Now onto the product review!

The face mask itself is very wet, because it is basically soaked in the serum.  What I usually do is that I would take the mask out of the packaging, unfold it, and put it on my face and then use any of the excess serum on my arms or legs.  It is very moisturizing and has a cooling effect, though it is a little bit sticky.  After 15/20 minutes, I would take off the mask and rub in the excess serum from the mask to allow my face to have a light massage (and stimulate blood circulation!) and allow my face to absorb in the extra serum.

The packaging is adorable, not that it would be a huge factor in buying face masks.  The mask itself is a typical face sheet cloth-like mask.

The scent isn't very strong, and it smells slightly on the sweeter side. It doesn't smell like chemicals at all, so you shouldn't worry about that.  I don't know how to describe the scent exactly, but it's very fresh.

The price ranges from $10-17, depending on where you find it. I got mine from Amazon, but you can find it in various Asian beauty shops and sites.

I really like their face masks, and I know I will be repurchasing from this brand when I run out.  They have a lot of different face masks that I am interested in trying, and I'll be sure to let you know about it  when I do have the chance to try it out!

Let me know what kind of face masks you like to use!