Wednesday, August 7, 2013

eos Limited Edition Basket of Fruit 4pk Info


Hello there!

I stopped by Target the other day and to my surprise, I saw the eos Limited Edition Basket of Fruit! Very big surprise for me to be seeing it back in stock and in Target stores. (If you guys do find this, take advantage of it! You might never get the chance to see it again T.T )

This was released sometime early summer of this year. Since then, I've been on the hunt for this. I've gone to countless Target stores and was not able to find it.  I honestly figured this hunt would end up in failure like the eos Alice in Wonderland 3pk released at the end of last year ( :'[ tears) That pack was sold at Target for $7.99 and currently is being sold on Amazon for $85. While I know it's been a while since the release of this limited edition set, the prices spiked 2/3 times after a month or two of the release.

It was out of stock on the eos site for a month or so, up until last week (found here!) It's also been unavailable at the Target online site, and it "supposedly" was in stock at stores, but I still think the site lied about it. Honestly, I was determined to get it in Target, because it was offered for the cheapest price (so yes, very happy upon stumbling this little treasure).

Price comparisons from various sites:
  • evolutionofsmooth.com....................$12.99 (+$2.75 flat rate shipping for US, and +$15 for Canada)
  • amazon.com....................................$24.99 (free shipping w/ Amazon Prime) 
  • target.com.......................................$10.99 (free shipping with $50+ purchase, currently unavailable online)
The lip balms included in this set, like all over eos products are "packed with nourishing shea butter and jojoba oil, so your lips always stay soft and smooth."

The main reason any eos obsessed person (like me!) would go after this is set is because of the limited edition scent, Fresh Watermelon (medium pink). There has been a lot of talk about whether or not this is the same as the Watermelon Wonderland that was included in the Alice in Wonderland 3pk set. I have read from the eos people on their facebook page that these two are different from each other. Since I never got the Alice in Wonderland set, I can't do a comparison (more tears haha).

The Pomegranate Raspberry (dark pink/purple), Summer Fruit (red), and Strawberry Sorbet (lighter pink) can all be found on the eos site (here). Since these scents are not limited edition, you could find it occasionally at any drugstore or Target as well.

I refuse to open this set until I finish my other set, which might take a while. I'll probably add onto this post when I do. I do apologize for that. I do have a mini review on the Summer Fruit and Strawberry Sorbet in an earlier post (here). But all eos products have the same quality and feel to it for me, so the only difference would just be the flavor and how the ingredients for that flavor work with your lips.  Unless they decide to make one eos with a completely different formula, or there was a bad batch, there's nothing too different when switching between scents.

This little set is so cute, and it makes a really nice gift for any sister, mother, friend, girlie in your life!

**Update! 4 October 2013: EOS has a limited edition Fresh Watermelon and Strawberry Sorbet Duo Kit for Breast Cancer Awareness Month!**

**Update! 19 October 2013: EOS limited edition holiday pack 2013 out! It includes a limited edition Vanilla Bean, Pomegranate Raspberry, and Sweet Mint. Currently available on their site and at Ulta!**

**Update! 26 February 2014: Just started using the Pomegranate Raspberry, and I don't know if I got a really good one, but this one is extra smooth and soft and gives the best feel on my lips. ~Very moisturizing!~ Haven't tried the watermelon one yet! ~I know...I'm such a slowpoke haha