Monday, August 5, 2013

Manicure Monday! Featuring Essie's Full Steam Ahead

On ring finger, Sephora by OPI's Sparkle Me Silver Top Coat

Happy (?) Monday!

I find these Manicure Monday series very fun to read (and a nice way to start off Mondays!), so I thought I'd give it a try! :] Today's Manicure Monday is this gorgeous color by Essie!

Essie's Full Steam Ahead is part of the summer 2013 collection, and it is a really nice lilac color with a punch!  It is a not really bright, not really dark kind of color.  It's just perfect for that subtle pop of color! In it's description it says that this is a medium tone lilac pearlescent color.  The color is soft and romantic; it gives off a relaxing, "chilling" type of mood to me.  There are little glitter, pearl-like.... I don't really know how to describe it- it looks more like mini flecks of glitter to me (to word it shortly). It's not too obvious, but you know it's there.

I personally did not have any problems with the formula. It was like the typical formula and application for Essie polishes- not effortless, but not hard to work with. The image above shows two coats of the polish with a top coat of Seche Vite.  The quality/longevity of the Full Steam Ahead is up to par with the other Essie polishes. It goes a good week or so with minor chips (with my lovely top coat). The pigmentation is absolutely gorgeous.  I am obsessed with this color!

I bought this polish at Ulta, which you can find here.  When I was at Ulta, I used their $3.50 off any $10 purchase coupon and bought myself another Essie polish as well.  That roughly totals to around $6.25 +tax for each nail polish! Ulta does have these coupons often, so just be on the lookout for that if you are looking to buy polishes.

Hope you guys enjoyed my first Manicure Monday and have a wonderful rest of the week! :]