Thursday, September 19, 2013

Review! Tony Moly CatChu Wink Tint #1 in Cherry Pink


Hello there! Yay for surprise posts! Today I have a review on the Tony Moly CatChu Wink Tint in #1 in Cherry Pink, a nice lip/cheek stain/tint (however you want to call it!)

Tony Moly is a popular Korean cosmetics brand that features a diverse range of products. Like many other Asian cosmetics brands, they have very nice and cute packaging (which any girlie cannot resist!). Especially girlies like me :'(

This CatChu Wink Tony Tint line has three different shades: cherry pink (#1), red (#2), and orange (#3).

The packaging features a cute little cat face twist cap with 10mL of product, which is a little bit less than Benefit's Benetint (12.5mL), if you're looking for a comparison. I cannot get over the little cat ears (SO ADORABLE!) Very sleek packaging!

This tint has a fruity, cherry, kind of rosy scent, but it is not overwhelming. The smell doesn't last or linger either. I only smell it during application.

The formula has the same consistency as water, which makes it a lot easier to blend in on your cheeks as well as your lips! A little goes a long way for this; it is very pigmented if you are just swiping it all over your lips, or cheeks.
On left: couple dots of tint, blended out. On right: swatch
Longevity! Since it is a tint, it will last longer than a typical lipstick/lip gloss. On your lips, the color will linger through most of the day. (Apply lip balm when needed!) On your cheeks, it doesn't last as long, depending on what you apply along with it and how you apply, but it's still pretty good for what it is.

Application is very easy because of the watery consistency and the lip gloss type applicator. The tint is buildable! As with any tint, make sure you prep your lips so it doesn't soak into the little dry areas (and make your lips look all crackly!) The color isn't too bright or bold, if you don't apply too much. (Remember, a lot goes a long way!) For some reason, the color doesn't stay at the upper part of my upper lip, so I usually do the gradient lip effect, or the "I just had a lollipop" kind of look if I use the tint on my lips. I use this mainly for cheeks and I just do a couple dots and blend away!

I purchased this from roseroseshop for $4.50, which is roughly around the price you can find this for anywhere online. I love this site though, they do offer sales on a lot of their products! (Who doesn't love a good sale!) I find it a good, inexpensive tint. I was going to purchase the Benetint, but I didn't want to spend so much on my first lip/cheek tint.  Maybe in the future, I'll do a review on that for you guys!

This product is especially perfect for your cat enthusiast make up lover! But really...who could resist that packaging! Definitely worth a try if you're looking for an inexpensive lip/cheek tint/stain!