Sunday, October 27, 2013

Manicure Monday! Featuring Cute Little Creatures Halloween Inspired Nails! With Sinful Colors' Berry Charm

Happy Monday! Can you believe Halloween is just in a few days?! Here is a simple, last minute Halloweenie nail idea for those nails who still want to be decorated just for the occasion!

I want to do a review on the polish I used before I get into the "nail tutorial" type thing. As mentioned in the last post...I went crazy (not really?) for the Sinful Colors sale at Walgreens! In the purchase, I got myself a really nice fall-type color called Berry Charm. To me, it is the essence of fall, as far as reddish colors are concerned. It's a nice berry red for the holidays.

 Review!

The quality and nail polish performance overall pleasantly surprised me.  As most of you know, this is a simple drugstore nail polish, sold at a retail price of $1.99. The formula and application is wonderful. I didn't experience streaking or bumpy application. It glides on smoothly for me. I'm not too fond of the rounded, cone shaped nail polish handle, but I'll live. It's not really something you can complain about. The quality/longevity is out of this world! (for a lack of better words). I'm only wearing two coats, with no top coat, and it has a beautiful shine and chip-resistant power. I've been wearing this polish on my nails for four/five days, and there is very minor chipping. (The black polish was added on on Friday (and its buddy on Sunday!) after I made my final purchase at Walgreens for the sale.) The pigmentation is as expected from what you see in the bottle. No deceiving colors there. One coat will not give you this color, but two good coats will give your nails the perfect berry red shade. Nothing much else to say about it. Don't judge anything by its price. This is well worth the price and more!

Onto the tutorial!

This is so simple, it'll blow your minds away! (lol)

Things I used:
  • Sinful Colors Berry Charm (any combination of red and purple works well!)
  • Sinful Colors Black on Black
  • Revlon Nail Art Expressionist in Silhouette (or yellow, orange, brown, etc! for the eyes)
  • Toothpick
Steps!
  1. Paint your nails a berry red color. (More or less purple toned works too!)
  2. Wait to dry and then sweep your black nail polish across the tip of your nail. Think of it as a curved French tip! This will be the head! You can have as many or as few creatures as you want!
  3. Before the black dries completely get a little bit of black polish onto the brush and make a line from the head out to create an ear shape. You can make the line as short or long, or as fat or skinny. Be spontaneous! You can spot all kinds of creatures when it's dark out! The pairs of ears don't even have to match! Just have fun with it!
  4. Once the black polish is dried, grab your toothpick and your eyeball color and dot on a pair of eyes!
  5. Optional: Seal with top coat if you would like to preserve it longer!
And that's it! Now you have a gorgeous set of nails with little creatures peeking out! Fun and cute nails for Halloween! You can also switch out the dark colors for lighter, brighter colors and wear this anytime throughout the year!

Have a safe Halloween lovelies!

*Edit: 2 November 2013! If you use this Berry Charm color, be sure to use a base coat! I was wearing it for around two weeks and got some minor staining from the polish.