Sunday, October 13, 2013

Manicure Monday! Featuring Pink Nails for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Happy Monday!

We are now halfway through October! I feel like time is just speeding away. Always take advantage of the moments and time you have, you never know when it could disappear. Never take anything for granted! So anyways...before I go on a tirade...here is my breast cancer awareness inspired nail looks for the month of October!
Seeing all these pink items and products being showcased for this month inspired me to do pink nails! Not a very fall/autumn feel, but perfect for breast cancer awareness month! The little added hearts make it look more complete!

I did a full review on a previous Manicure Monday on the Essie polish, Guilty Pleasures, I used (here)! Since it is kind of hard to tell in the picture, the Essie polish is used on my thumb, middle and pinky fingers. The other polish I used (on my pointer and ring finger) is L'oreal's Hot Pinque, which I guess is a discontinued/limited edition polish/line. I couldn't really find much information or links on this polish, and I have no idea when it was selling because....I secretly borrowed this polish from my mom's collection (hehe).

For the record though, I think these two polishes are very similar in finishes as well as pigmentation. I used two coats of each polish with no top coat. If I looked really carefully at my nails, the L'oreal one has a dash more purple in it. I asked my sister about the two, and she had no idea I was wearing two different polishes until I told her. I guess I can say the L'oreal Hot Pinque is a close enough dupe to Essie's Guilty Pleasures.

Back to the nails! The little hearts were made with the little toothpick end. Two dots and then glide them to make the point! It's as simple as that! 

I guess..that's it for today's Manicure Monday! Have a wonderful week lovelies! :]