Friday, December 27, 2013

Beautynetkorea.com Website Review And Haul

Hello lovelies!

I did some online shopping here and there and I stumbled upon another wonderful site that sells Asian cosmetics and such: beautynetkorea.com, and I am very excited to share this site with you guys!

Beautynetkorea.com is a site I found when I was on the hunt for Etude House's Disney XOXO Minnie Collection. Compared with my current favorite site to get Asian cosmetics- roseroseshop.com (website review and haul here), this site has a lot to offer, and it is worth mentioning and talking about.

I always feel inclined to talk about sites where I find Asian cosmetics and such because it's not as easy to find products on location where I live. And also, because there are a lot of sites out there, you never know which ones to trust and which ones to be wary of.

This is a company that is located in South Korea. If you do a bit of Ebay shopping for Asian cosmetics, f2plus1 is a user that is very popular and highly rated as a seller. It seems that this site was created after the success on Ebay and when you make purchases from the site it will say "2plus1" under the billing information.

Info about the site itself!

This site has quite a number of brands, but it is not as much as roseroseshop.  I am quite fond with the format of the website as a whole. I find that it is easier to navigate through the site and search for products than other sites I've been to. What I have noticed though is that if you're a Google Chrome  kind of person, the site is not fully compatible with the browser. When I do go shopping on this site, I will go onto Firefox; it works a lot better there. This site is a lot more easy to browse around aimlessly because it has more specific categories and sub categories. (I find it enjoyable to browse aimlessly, even though it may seem like wasting time...is that weird? haha)

Member Point Program

The site has a "mileage point" program, similar to Ulta's rewards program (kind of...not really). If you sign up to be a member, you'll get 3.00 credit, which is roughly equivalent to $3. You can essentially get points for purchases, reviews, and logging in (once a day). There can also be deductions of points for cancellation, returning, or exchanges. Their post about the program is right here. I think it's a nice little extra feature that the site has to offer. I mean, right when you sign up, you can get $3 off your next purchase, which is pretty awesome.

Pricing and shipping costs!

This is not the cheapest place you can find products, but it is cheaper than most places, depending on what you buy and how much you buy. The site frequently has sales. For example, from now until Jan 31 (GMT), Etude House, Missha, Tonymoly and Holika Holika are 10% off, and other brands have 5% off for the site's New Year's event. You'll also get 5% credit for your total purchase during this time (for all the lovely members).

The best part about this site is that it offers free shipping for everything. Let me repeat that...FREE SHIPPING FOR EVERYTHING! [insert happy dance here]. If you purchase under $50, but want a tracking number, they will charge you $2. Expedited shipping is an additional $22, if your purchase is under $300. They limit their shipping locations to the following countries: US, Canada, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Laos, Macao, Malaysia, Mongol, Myanmar, Vietnam, Singapore, Cambodia, Thai, and Philippines (taken from their faq here).

For some reason, I always place orders during the weekends and have to wait the looonng weekend to have the order processed, and that's what happened here. I ordered it on the 29th of November (Friday) and it was shipped out on the 2nd of December (Monday). From there, it was in the hands of the postal service, and I received it exactly two weeks later (16th of December). Anyways...

On top of that free shipping, they also send free samples in every order! FREE SAMPLES! Now...who doesn't love a free sample. I think it's such a good idea because you get the chance to try out some products (especially creams and skin care products!) instead of taking a risk when purchasing a product and finding out that it doesn't work later on. You also get the chance to try out products that you might otherwise have disregarded or overlooked.
Samples that came with my order and a lovely note! (please ignore that annoying glare)

Customer Service! A+!

I am also including customer service in my review because I had the opportunity to speak with them. One of the products I purchased actually came to me broken (which I don't understand why, as every item was bubble wrapped with extra care). They respond to emails very quickly, and we were able to resolve the issue quickly. I am extremely grateful and appreciative of the wonderful service.

Haul time! (And first impressions!)
(Reviews will be posted after I test products for a sufficient amount of time)
  • Holika Holika Cover and Hiding Stick Concealer in #2 Natural Beige
    • Color seems a little darker than I thought, but it's creamy. Light coverage, can't feel that product is on your skin.
  • Holika Holika Pig Nose Clear Black Head Cleansing Sugar Scrub
    • Very dense sugar granules. Sweet and light lemon scent.
    • Review here!
  • Tonymoly Green Appletox Smooth Massage Peeling Cream 
    • Smells just like a green apple! Mmm!
  • Missha Creamy Latte Cleansing Foam in Strawberry (not pictured)
    • Currently sold out on site. It looks like a satin pink soap. I don't immediately smell the strawberry. It actually reminds me of the pink soap I see in public restrooms, which I'm not entirely fond of.
    • Review here!
  • Etude House Minnie in Nails in #4 Minnie Pink Ribbon 
    • Looks a little difficult to get the chunks out, but it's very pretty.
    • Manicure Monday post and review here
  • Etude House Minnie Kissing Lips in #2 Bubble Pink
    • SO LITTLE, a lot smaller than I imagined it to be. Doesn't feel moisturizing when I swatch it, baby pink color.
  • Etude House Minnie Touch Highlighter
    • This was broken when I received it, but it looks like a very fine powder. A little chalky even, but it looks like a wonderful shimmery highlight color.
  • Tonymoly Mini Tint
    • It was free with purchase for their Christmas promotion. I have a review on the product when I purchased it a while back here
So... there is my website review and haul. I absolutely love this site and I love everything it has to offer: Asian cosmetics at lower prices, free shipping, and free samples! I am so happy with my experiences with this site, regardless of the little delivery mishap. I hope you enjoyed this website review and haul. 

Have a wonderful last couple of days of 2013!

Edit 23 August 2014: I just linked two reviews (Missha cleansing foam and Holika Holika pig nose) in the post for you guys! Take care!