Sunday, December 29, 2013

Manicure Monday: Featuring Elegant French Tips with Sinful Colors in Snow Me White (#2)

Hi there lovelies!

How did your Christmas go? And how's that post-Christmas shopping going? (SO MANY PEOPLE AT THE MALLS! But maybe I go at the wrong times.. :'[ haha ). I'm sure you guys are familiar with this nail look, as I did it a couple weeks ago, but I'm still obsessed with this french tips twist.

I did essentially the same thing as my Snowy French Tips look here (review of Snow Me White is also in that post!) except replaced the Christmas tree with a cute little bow. I find that it is easier to start from one side of the tips and just keep making little loops until you reach the other side of your nail. I tried making little guidelines on the pic to the right to help with my failure of an explanation. -->

For the bow, I did something very similar to my last Manicure Monday post (cutesy Christmas ornaments post here!). I used Sephora by OPI -Shiny Dancer! Near the white tips, using a toothpick, you can start making two little ovals that will form the loops of the bow (making sure that they meet up at a point). From the center of the two ovals you can then make two little lines for the ends of the bows. I think it looks nicer when the bow is right at the edge of the white and going into the whiteness of the tips.

It's not a crazy and outrageous New Year's party kind of nail style with all the glitz and glam, but I still love and appreciate the elegance of this overall look. The bows are sooo cute! (I'm obsessed!) I think this is a nice formal kind of look for a nice family dinner or fancy occasion kind of thing, without dressing up your nails too much.

We are just a couple days from 2014! My gosh, how time flies! I hope you all finish the year strong! Never take the time you have for granted [: take care!