Hello there loves!
Sorry I've been mia lately, I got caught up with a bunch of random things and the semester ending that I didn't get a chance to do any blogging :( Hopefully by the end of this week the commotion will settle down a bit. I have a bunch of posts I want to do before the end of the month and hopefully everything will be done by then. For now, here is a cute and frosty nail idea for the winter season!
I was staring at my nails after I cleaned them and could not figure out what to do. I actually started doing a blue french tip kind of nail which was a combination of these two past nail designs I've done: Springtime nails and French tips and bows. My sister said it was too springtime/Easter like, so I went back to the drawing board!
I really wanted to incorporate shimmery/glittery polishes (because that's what holiday nails are all about!), but I wasn't in the mood for the typical holiday colors (burgundy, gold, deep greens/reds/blues/purples/etc). I ended up with one of my FAVORITE colors from Essie-Full Steam Ahead (Review here!). Yes... It is a summery color, but I really want to wear it now and even if it's not a holiday color...nothing's going to stop me! *insert evil laugh here* To make the color more festive for the holiday season, I added glitter and shimmer to have that glam/glitzy effect. I think it worked out pretty well in the end, and maybe this little idea of mine might spark some ideas for you!
Things I used:
- Essie's Full Steam Ahead
- Icing by Claires' Crystal Heat (any glittery polish will do)
- Vernis Classique by Cherimoya- Purple Frost
- Seche Vite Top Coat
- Get your base polish color (Full Steam Ahead in my case) and paint all your nails with as many coats as you need to obtain the opacity you're happy with.
- Now take your shimmery color (Purple Frost in my case) and paint to about 1/3 to halfway down your nail.
- Using your glitter polish (Crystal Heat in my case), add it to about 3/4 of the way down the shimmery coat, and add little "icicles" down from the glitter coat. Be spontaneous!
- Top coat your hard work and admire your work!
And there you go! I think the little shimmer underneath the glitter polish adds a nice subtle effect to the overall nail design.
Overall, it looks like a glittery, semi-gradient french tip mani. It's a good excuse to use any of your favorite polishes from the summer (or spring even) and incorporate it into a look perfect for your holiday parties without going too crazy on the holiday cheer. Hope you enjoyed this little nail idea!
Stay warm and take care!
|Trying to catch the glitter from the nails in a different lighting.|