Sunday, January 5, 2014

Manicure Monday! Featuring Dark French Tips With Butter London Knackered

Happy 1st Monday of 2014!

I hope you enjoyed your new years celebration, whether that may be crazy partying with friends or a nice & comfy night inside. Here is my little nail look to start off the new year! (And yes of course...another french tip nail design.. :P)
Originally I was going to do a galaxy type nail design, because I heard that Butter London's Knackered creates a pretty galaxy-esque effect, but....that ended up not happening as well as I thought it would. (haha) The effect of the polish on black does look nice though. Tilting my fingers and letting the light hit it at different angles slightly changes the color, which makes this nail style a little more unique than what meets the eye.

Knackered is a duo chrome polish where you can get a purple/silver or deep blue/green (I had an earlier quickie review with more pics of the polish here!) The polish also has rainbow micro glitter particles that just adds a nice overall glittery effect to the nails.

On the nails I have one coat of Sinful Color's Black on Black (*a really good first coat to get good opacity; that's all you need with this polish), one coat of Knackered, and the tips are Sephora by OPI's Shiny Dancer.

Shiny Dancer blends and works well with all the colors and effects going on with the Knackered polish. You can still see the color on the tips, but it's not a crazy contrast between the two colors. Shiny Dancer is a silver and gray metallic polish with blue undertones that looks nice with the overall look and feel of the nail design.

Hope you liked my little french tips nail idea. Have a wonderful Monday!

trying to get the colors to show up at a different angle ~.~