Monday, January 27, 2014

Manicure Monday! Featuring Zoya's Gie Gie


Hello there! Hope your Monday is going peachy. I've had a bad cough the past couple of weeks, but now I'm better :] Does anyone celebrate Chinese New Years? It's coming up pretty soon! (Four days to be exact!) Well anyways, I hope you enjoy this Mani Monday!

If you follow my blog, I mentioned at the beginning of the month that Zoya was having a promo for their polishes. One of the polishes I was looking for was a natural pink toned one, so I ended up choosing Gie Gie.

Before this purchase, I never really paid much attention to the brand; the brand would pop up from time to time but that was basically it. I *think* I've seen the polishes at some nail/beauty supply stores as well as Ulta, but like I mentioned before, I never really paid attention to it. Hunting around, I can see that besides the main site, you can also purchase Zoya polishes from Amazon and other smaller sites. One of the sites I found, lovelyskin.com has Zoya polishes for 20% off until the end of Jan.

Onto the review!

On the site, Gie Gie is described as a "blushing cherry blossom pink metallic. A shimmery light shade for an always-appropriate natural pink." From the picture that they provided, it's lighter than how you would see it in person. The picture I have depicts it a little bit better. When I see the color, I think of light pink roses with silver shimmer.

The formula is amazing. I had no problem with it. Application was effortless, and you can just apply one coat and move on with your life ;] (and it doesn't take long for it to dry either!) If you do one to two coats, you'll surely get your desired opacity. If you use a light hand when applying, you might still be able to see the whiteness from the tips of your nails. This polish isn't the color that I had in mind when I purchased it; I was hoping it'd be a shade lighter with the same finish, but it can still give the nails a nice natural look.

On the site, it describes steps to take to guarantee up to 14 days of wear, but I didn't really notice the steps until later. (And that usually involves using all of their products in the steps, which I don't have anyways...) Regardless, the polish lasted on my nails for a good week with very minimal chipping; thumbs up for quality/longevity. You really only need one good coat, and the color will still show up and nails will look finished. Pigmentation gets an A in my book.

On my nails, I have two coats of Gie Gie, and on the moon part, or the "lunula" (if you want to be technical) up to the tips, I have Sephora by OPI's I Found a Pot of Gold. I dabbed the gold on with the polish brush, and used a toothpick to make little strokes/dots going towards the tips.

Like I mentioned before, I purchased this from the Zoya site during their "Color Your World 2014" promo, so it was quite a steal. On the site, it is $9 plus S&H (direct link here).

Overall, I would give this polish a 9.5/10, marking it down only because it wasn't what I was expecting. The quality of the polish is amazing, and I know that I will be making more purchases from this brand in the future.

Hope you enjoyed the post. Have a wonderful week!