I've been ~kinda~ on the hunt for a green nail polish that's a tad more green than my beloved Hello Kitty Minty. I feel like green is one of those colors that will be a little more difficult to compliment my skin tone, so I don't have many greens in my collection. I also feel that green is a harder color for me to love as a polish color, especially dark true greens. But! I'm easing my way into the green family, and this polish is scratching that surface.
Ulta's Jaded is a beautiful teal/olive green duochrome polish with some shimmer. I think this color is just perfect for an occasion like St. Patrick's day, especially if you're not too fond of green polishes. It's very sheer in application, so I think 3-4 good coats will make it opaque.
- Ulta Salon Formula Nail Lacquer in Jaded
- Sephora by OPI in I Found A Pot of Gold!
- Sinful Colors in Snow Me White
- Toothpick for dotting
Steps to Get the Nail Look:
- Starting on one side of the nail about 1/2 way down, paint across the nail to form the first part of the "V" tip.
- Do the same on the other side, and smooth out the middle part where the bottom part of the "V" is.
- Wait for it to dry and repeat steps 1 and 2 until the color is opaque. ~I did two coats, but I found later on that it was not as opaque as I wanted; I should have done 3 coats~
- Get your dotting tool and your polish and start from the center of the "V" and create three dots out to the edge of your nail. ~Ideally, the dots should get a bit smaller as you go out to the edge of the nail.
- On your accent nails, ~ I picked my ring finger and thumb~ dab on your gold polish for an added sparkle. ~I don't think you can tell in the pic because I added such a light layer of the polish~
- Seal everything with a top coat!
What do you think of this idea for a french tip? I hope you have a wonderful week! Until next time lovelies!