Monday, March 24, 2014

Manicure Monday! Featuring Pink Spring Nails with Sinful Colors Soul Mate

Hello loves! Happy Monday to you! We are just a few days into spring, so I thought...what's more fitting than a spring nail look!
I would first like to mention that I don't know how I feel about using a stark (pure) white color. I feel that it's too much white, in that it pulls the attention away from the pink. Maybe next time I'll grab a softer shade of white. But anyways!

When Walgreens was having their $0.99 sale for Sinful Colors last month-ish ~my favorite sale there!~  I picked up a couple more colors, and this was one of them. I was actually considering returning this color because I thought it was quite similar to Etude House's Grapefruit (link to my review here). The Grapefruit is actually a tiny bit more orange, so in the end I decided to just keep this one as well!

Soul Mate is a gorgeous warm peachy pink color. If I were to think of a pink for spring, this one definitely fits my interpretation of it. It's a bright color, ready to welcome the warmer weather!

Mini Review!

Something I want to mention about the polish is that it could apply a bit streaky on the first coat, but not to worry, second coat will make it perfect! I seem to get minor chips after a few days, but overall, nothing else seems to fall short of excellent. I love the color and the pigmentation the polish has, and I definitely recommend it for the springtime. 9.5/10!

And as always, this formula is toluene, formaldehyde and DBP free.

Products Used For Nail Look:
  • Dotting tool and/or toothpick ~depending on what size you want your flowers and dots to be~
  • Sinful Colors Soul Mate
  • Sinful Colors Snow Me White
  • Recommended: Seche Vite Top Coat
Steps to Get Nail Look:
  1. Apply two coats of your base colors *pink* on all your nails except for accent nails ~in this case, my ring fingers~ and let it dry.
  2. Apply two coats of your accent nail color *white* and let it dry.
  3. Using a dotting tool, or something that will give you dots/circles, start making your flower. Below is the process of how I made the flowers using the paint program. I hope it makes it a little easier to understand. As long as the petals touch/ slightly overlap the neighboring petals, it should turn out fine.
  4. Add some extra dots to add a little extra something to your accent nails. ~I used a toothpick for this because I wanted smaller dots.
  5. Because I also wanted to have one polka dotted nail, I chose my index finger and essentially dotted diagonally to keep the dots looking a bit uniform/even throughout the nails.
  6. Add top coat and your work is complete!

Making that one nail polka dotty makes me really want to make polka dotted nails, so maybe we'll see one in an upcoming Manicure Monday! ;]

I hope you try out this gorgeous pink color or attempt making flowers for your springtime nails. Have a lovely week!