Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Target Spring Beauty Box 2014 (and Mini Reviews!)

Hello there! I hope you've been well! I know this is a bit delayed ~I don't know how everyone posts so fast!~ but here is what you can find in the Target Beauty Box that was just released earlier this month. Was it worth it? Let's find out!

The Target Beauty Box doesn't include a makeup bag, but it came in a very nice white box inside the Target logo sleeve. You can definitely reuse that box for gifting or storage!

When you open the box, you see that it's covered in red tissue paper and when uncovered, there is a "Hey Beautiful" card that has a $3 off $20 or more Target Beauty purchase. So if you were to only like one thing out of this box, you get $3 back from the $5 you spent getting it.

There is also an exclusive 20% off and free shipping code for the dermstore, blush, and hair envy websites. The contents of the box shouldn't be a surprise for anyone who purchased, as everything in the box was listed on the product page.

I listed product sizes and retail prices for all the products in this beauty box in my last post ~link here~

Inside the box and descriptions for products:

Tony&Guy Casual Sea Salt Texturising Spray: Want beachy hair without hitting the surf? Spray from root to tip for salty, sultry texture and subtle, windswept waves.

I did a little...swatch? spray? and it doesn't seem to leave my hair crunchy, which is a good thing. It does make your hair feeling "textured" ...rough, if you will, but it still keeps your hair feeling light and natural. Trying to describe this scent is a bit more difficult, but I do notice that limonene, linalool, and citronellol, among others, are listed under the ingredient list.  From my prior chemistry life, I can tell you that those scents will give a citrus, floral and spicy touch to the overall scent. There is definitely a musky scent with a hint of spiciness to the spray. The smell doesn't linger for too long though.

L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara: Stretch and lengthen lashes for a fluttery, winged-out look with this unique mascara formula and revolutionary asymmetrical Butterfly Brush.

If you read my last post about this beauty box, I mentioned that I mainly got the box for this product, so I was definitely anxious to try it out. I don't know how I feel about the "winged-out" aspect of the brush, but I can say that this mascara does a pretty good job of lengthening and separating your lashes. It features a nice click close cap, which I appreciate. This mascara has a rose scent, which is a nice addition to the whole "butterfly concept".

[Edit] 16 May 2014: I use this mascara on a more daily basis, and I find the formula to be a bit clumpy. Also, because of the "wing" shape of the wand, it will pick up quite an excessive amount of product, and I do find myself trying to scrap off a lot of the product back into the tube before application. It does still smell like roses though!



Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo: Give hair a rejuvenating boost with this paraben- and colorant- free formula made with natural tapioca to instantly absorb excess oil with less residue.


Back when youtubers/bloggers were talking about the Herbal Essences Naked line before its released, I was quite intrigued by it, and was hoping to pick up something from that line. It has a crisp minty, lightly citrus scent to it. There is actually no white residue when using this product, which is definitely a plus for all of us who have darker colored hair. Something I'm not oh too fond of is that the spray stream seems to be a bit too concentrated.


Covergirl Smoochies Sizzle Gloss: Pucker up. Sheer color meets sizzling shimmer in a moisturizing formula that's always stunning, never sticky. ~In 202 tickled pink~

I'm not really a fan of lip gloss, and I find this product is just okay for me. It is a very sheer, glass pink kind of color. I would love it more if it didn't have the specks of glitter/shimmer, but it doesn't have a sticky or gloopy consistency. ~claps hands!~ It has such a sweet smell, almost like an extra sweet cotton candy or bubble gum kind of scent, and it doesn't really taste like anything (not that I purposely tasted it...)

Jergens BB Body Cream Light: Finally a multi-tasking beauty cream in a quick-drying formula that goes on sheer and delivers visible results in just 5 days.


I only swatched this on my hand, but it seems to make the skin more dewy and gives a more even skin tone. There is a light fragrance to it and it does moisturize your skin. The formula dries pretty fast. It feels just like a lotion, very light and airy.





*Pics, swatches and more in depth reviews to come...eventually!*

Overall, I think this is a very nice collection of products. For $5, I definitely got my money's worth, and I am going to use that coupon for a little something I've been eyeing ;] I will be on the look out for Target's next beauty box, and hopefully I can get my hands on it as well! Have a wonderful day!