Monday, April 21, 2014

Manicure Monday! Featuring Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-On Manicure in Shaker (Review!)

Happy Monday! I received this Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-On Manicure from Influenster for testing and review purposes (from the UniVoxBox)! How gorgeous is that shade! Let's see how they "imPress" me.  ~huehuehue~ (I know...I'm at it again...lol)

First of all, I want to say that Influenster is always testing my limits with products I receive from them (It's on Influenster! haha ;] ) With that said...I am not much of a fake nail wearing kind of person. I prefer my nails on the shorter side and for them to not stop me from doing what I have to do (daily tasks, chores, etc).

Reviewing time!

The nails I received is in "Shaker" which is a pretty soft gradient shimmer pink with silver glitter particles. I love this shade! It's perfect for a formal occasion, for everyday, for anything. Besides my messy filing skills, I don't think you can easily tell that the nails are fake (even my mom was fooled by it, and you know how moms are) ;] The nails have such a nice, glossy shine, very nice finish.

attempted no flash pic, but it got a little washed out :'(
I honestly can't tell you if it'll last up to a week, as they claim, as I took them off after the third day. I can tell you that it was pretty good up until that day, if that counts for anything. The index finger one was a bit loose (because my index fingers work out the most!)

Something I wasn't too fond of was where the adhesive started and stopped. The adhesive is not right to the edge of the nail; there is a little teensy gap outlining the nail, and the tip has a bit wider gap, which makes sense if you're going to file it down anyways. I don't like the gap at the tip of the nail, where it'd be most easy to get something stuck in there. At the tips, it seems that it isn't completely hugging onto the curve of my nail.  I feel that if water or soap or some kind of mixture of the two stays in the gap, the adhesive will loosen up, but I guess if you're wearing fake nails to begin with, you should be cautious doing hands-on activities anyways.

What's Inside?

In this little manicure kit, you are given 24 nail covers with 12 different sizes. The one I received is the short length design. Included is also a one time use prep pad (Ingredients: Isopropyl alcohol, water) and a mini nail file.

Directions are simple. You just have (1) to find the correct size for each nail, (2) wash your hands (with soap! and dry), (3) use the prep pad, (4) peel off backing of nail and (5) press on!

These kinds of nails are perfect for those last minute manis! No mess at all! Fast and clean and simple! What more could you ask for?

Removal is easy as well! Just start peeling the nail from the sides and it works just fine. For more stubborn adhesive nails, you can also apply nail polish remover along the edges and wait a minute before peeling off to let the adhesive loosen up a bit.

These retail for $5.99 for colors and $7.99 for patterns, and they are available at Walmart, CVS, Kmart, Rite-Aid and Target.

Overall, I give this a 9/10. I don't like how there's a gap at the tip (I don't know if that's normal for press on nails/fake nails in general). The gap could compromise the longevity of the nails. These nails are very wearable, the color, down to the application and removal process are wonderful. There are a number of designs out you can find to suit what you're looking for.

It's a fun treat for your nails whether you normally do your nails or not!

I would definitely recommend this especially if you have an event coming up. I personally would just use them for the day(s) of the event (and the night before), and not try to keep them on for the entire week. That's just my preference, as I don't like having such things on my nails.

How do you like your nails? Long? Short? Colorful? Let me know!

Have a lovely week!
attempted nail modelling pic

Disclaimer: Received this product courtesy of Influenster for testing and reviewing purposes. As always, opinions are my own.