Monday, April 28, 2014

Manicure Monday! Featuring Colorful Glitter French Tips With Sinful Colors Pride

Hello loves! This week's nail design makes my nails look like they got attacked by a confetti bomb. Such fun and colorfulness going on here!

On my nails: 2 coats of Sinful Colors Soul Mate, 2 coats of Sinful Colors Pride (with dabbing and a tiny bit of maneuvering), 1 coat of Seche Vite top coat.

Ever since I purchased these two polishes (Sinful Colors), I've been wanting to use them together in a nail look. The combination of the two reminds me of sweet moments, like those confetti sprinkles on a birthday cake, or a fun tropical drink with a colorful sugar rim, something along those lines. Regardless, confetti is kind of like a representation for a time of enjoyment, celebration, making happy memories... and that's how I feel when I see these two polishes together.

I don't know how I feel about the whole tweak on the typical "french tips" concept, but there is an abundance of ways to go about making french tips with glitter polishes. I do like how it ended up, but I feel like the rest of the nail is a bit too..."clean" (haha :P) I think it would look a bit better with a cascading glitter effect (let's save it for another Mani Monday!)

What's in the polish? Pride is a colorful glitter bomb kind of nail polish, there is definitely a lot going on in the bottle. It's very reminiscent of Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday polish. I don't own the polish, so I can't tell you if it's an exact dupe, but it's very similar.  There are itty bitty, circular glitters as well as small, hexagonal glitters. The glitters are in silver, sky blue, green, purple, red, and yellow and it's in a clear base polish. Told you I wasn't kidding when I say there's a lot going on ;]

The formula is not too thick, and it's very easy to get the glitters out. You can apply this like you do a normal polish and you will still get a good amount of glitter onto your nails. Easy application! The dabbing motion is how I got the glitters concentrated on just the tips, and it will more easily control how much glitter is being applied on your nails. Because of the different sizes and how the glitters land on your nails, I do recommend a top coat to smooth it out and get all the edges of the glitters to lie flatter on your nails (unless you like that rough feeling on your nails!)

I purchased this polish during Walgreen's Sinful Colors $0.99 sale, but they do sell for $1.99 retail. (I'd just wait until they have the sale again for extra savings!)

Overall, I think this is such a fun and colorful polish. The application is effortless and there's a nice distribution of colors as well as glitter sizes from just one swatch. I have nothing to complain about, so I give this polish a 10/10!

Wishing you a wonderful week! Take care lovelies!