Friday, May 2, 2014

Ipsy April Glam Bag 2014: Beauty Rocks

Hello there! Let's take a look into April's Ipsy Glam Bag and the products that came along with it. This month's theme is "Beauty Rocks", let's see if any of these products rock!


This month's bag features a cute little rubberized record player with some wear and tear atop a dark purple/navy background.
Inside the bag: 


Benefit Lollitint (2.5ml/0.08 fl. oz).

Described as a "candy-orchid tinted lip and cheek stain", this cute little purple-y shade is sure win you over especially during this spring season. I love how the shade is not too crazy, and it tints the lips beautifully. I will probably use this more for lips than for cheeks, but you can make it as light or as dark as you want it! Very easy to layer and it has a very watery consistency. (Full size: 12.5ml/0.42 fl. oz, $30)


Cailyn Tinted Lip balm in 14 Acid Pink (0.14 oz)

This lip balm comes in a very interesting shape, just like their eyeliner (bulky packaging alert!) This color is not really my kind of shade (what is with all these bold lip colors x_x). It comes with a little lip brush, so you don't have to get your fingers messy. Very pigmented and good staying ability, but a bit drying. I recommend using a lip balm before applying! (Full size is given, $19)


City Color Mousse Eye shadow in White Gold (0.092oz/2.6g)

I've never owned a mousse eye shadow before. It's quite an interesting experience! It is smooth and..."mousse-y." The texture is a bit thick and gloopy, if you're just poking it. I don't know if I'm too fond of it. Once you stop poking it and actually swatch it, it is a very smooth application. It is a nice shade, white base/gold shimmer, perfect to add on for a night out. It can be used as a typical eye shadow: inner corner, under brow, right in the center of the lid, but it can also be used on top of the cheeks as a highlight, or even in the center of the lips for the extra sparkle! As a plus, they also have the cute little cruelty free bunny on their label! Petrolatum Free, Preservative Free, Mineral Oil Free. (Full size is given, $3.99)

[Image also shows the Cailyn lip balm swatch to the side]


Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet (0.03oz/0.8g)

Creamy formula, blends nicely. Perfect for smokey eyes and smudging out to create a winged liner. It's not a true blackest black kind of color, so it's a bit less harsh. I don't know if this is normal for typical Urban Decay 24/7 pencils but I feel like it's not a smooth application. It's a bit bumpy, and it seems that a brush would be necessary to smooth it out and sharpen the edges. I would suggest using an eyeshadow to set it in as well. Since it's such a soft pencil, I'm a bit worried about how well it'll sharpen. (Full size 0.04oz/1.2g, $20) 

[Image also shows a wash of the City Color white gold shadow on the lids]



Kiss Looks So Natural Lashes in Shy

I love the tapered ends of these lashes; it definitely keeps your lashes looking natural. These lashes feature an invisible lash line and a little mini glue is also included! The lashes are light and soft and fluttery in the most natural sense. It will enhance your regular lashes, and it's perfect for an everyday kind of style. The lashes are shorter towards the ends and longest in the middle. I will probably add more pictures once I actually do wear them! (Full size is given $3.99)

Those are the items that I got in April's glam bag. I think my favorites are the lashes! So pretty! Makes me want to wear lashes more often. I think I will utilize every product in this bag except for the Cailyn lip balm since I don't wear such bold colors that often ~at all~

Retail value of bag: ~$46-47

Did you get a glam bag? Lemme know! May's glam bag looks very promising so far! So exciting!

Have a lovely weekend!