Tuesday, June 24, 2014

[Influenster] Go Vox Box 2014 (and mini reviews!)

Hello there! Today I wanted to share with you the items I received in my Go Vox Box from Influenster. I'll be doing a quickie review on the products I received and tried out as well!

If you didn't catch my last post about Influenster when I was introducing the Uni Vox Box (link here!), Influenster is basically a site where you review products and share your input and have a chance at trying out new products and receiving "vox boxes". The more "influential" you are, and the more you review and earn badges, the higher the chance you get at being invited to partake in a vox box program. If you are already using Influenster, but haven't been invited to a program, just be patient, stay active on the site, and your day will come.

What's Inside the Box:

PROFOOT Triad Orthotic: This original, three zone everyday orthotic is clinically proven to relieve knee, leg, and back pain when worn in your favorite shoes. With Ultra-Fresh protection and 3/4 length, your feet will feel fresh, free, and experience a new level of comfort. Treat Yourself by treating your feet! ($10.49)

I didn't try this out myself, I gave it to my mom so she can use it. What I did notice was that is it cushion-y and there are areas where it's like a little, soft bump. They call it the 3 zones of comfort that cradles balls of feet, supports arches, and cushions heels. Seems promising, it leaves room for the toes to wiggle around as well!

PROFOOT Pedi-Rock: The PROFOOT Pedi-Rock is the first soft foot file ergonomically designed delivering the ultimate foot file experience. The silicon carbide crystals gently remove even the toughest calluses in the shortest amount of time. Pedi-Rock can be used wet or dry and simply rinse with water or let air dry for next use. Keep your feet Spring soft with Pedi-Rock! ($8.99)

This is one of my favorites from the box! I love the shape of the rock. The curve of the rock allows me to hold it comfortably and it works nicely against the curves of my foot. It works effectively to smooth out my feet (and I had rough, dry looking feet too!) It is hard, but it is slightly squishy as well, if that makes sense at all! #GoProFoot

Playtex Sport Fresh Balance: Introducing NEW Playtex Sport Fresh Balance with Odor Shield technology. It's designed to neutralize odors for ultimate freshness on and off the field. Combined with a 360 degree design for Sport Level Protection, you can go the distance. Play On. ($3.99-$4.99)

If you recall my last vox box post, you might remember me mentioning that I don't use tampons. I still don't so I just gave this away. I do like the scent of these. If you aren't a scent loving kind of person, I wouldn't recommend these.


Blue Diamond Fruit Flavored Almonds: Loaded with antioxidant Vitamin E, our Fruit-Flavored Almonds combine the delicious crunch of almonds with the subtly sweet flavors of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. ($3.19 for 4oz bag)

These almonds are so nommy! Makes such a nice little snack to help me get through the day. At first I was pretty skeptical of blueberries with almonds, but it actually is a tasty combination. The blueberry reminds me of blueberry yogurt. I can't eat too much of these at a time, but I only need a little handful to help sustain myself.


Muller Yogurt: Muller Yogurt is known for its delicious, silky smooth texture and playful mix-ins, and it comes in three unique varieties. Muller Greek Corner is a thick and creamy Greek-style lowfat yogurt that comes with fruit or crunchy mix-ins. Muller Corner is silky smooth lowfat yogurt with fun mix-in options. Muller FrutUp is like a parfait-silky lowfat yogurt topped with a light, whipped fruit mousse. (Muller Greek Corner and Corner yogurts $1.29, Muller FrutUp $0.99)

The box included a little voucher for a Muller Yogurt and I picked the Greek Corner in blackberry and raspberry. The yogurt is pretty thick, and if it was just the yogurt by itself, I don't think I'd repurchase this (It tastes kind of weird by itself, but maybe my palate isn't used to Greek style lowfat yogurt) Since I picked a nice fruity one, the combination of the yogurt and fruit makes it pretty tasty. I definitely feel inclined to try out their other flavors, or even get this one again. Another fav in this box!

Aqua Spa Relax Collection: Aqua Spa Relax Collection gives you a hydrating beauty boost when you need it most so you can skip the spa and bliss out at home, leaving your skin and mood all a-glow. Collection includes Aqua Spa Relax Body Creme or Aqua Spa Relax Bath Soak. (All products in collection $9.99 ea)

I received the bath soak. When I opened it to smell it, it was very concentrated and not appealing at all (which makes sense, because the water will dilute the scent anyways...smart panda here). I have used this for feet soaks, not yet a full bath soak, but it is pretty relaxing. There is a nice scent, which could be a bit overpowering if you don't like the scent of lavender and chamomile to begin with. The salts don't take too long to dissolve, and it contains a "Marine Youth Complex", which they claim to "protect against stressed, aging skin caused by modern living."  Here is a list of ingredients and benefits from their site! I think it's quite soothing and you always should have a nice little "me" time. I haven't particularly noticed if it leaves my skin "a-glow" but I will update you later on!


Vitamin Shoppe Next Step Fit N Full Shake: (From the package:) Supports reduction of body fat as part of a healthy diet and exercise program), reduces hunger and cravings, 14 grams of protein per serving. Included: Fresh Berries, Swiss Chocolate, and French Vanilla (14 pack, $24.99 ($1.78/serving), 1.2lbs, $24.99 ($1.56/serving))

I'm not really much of a protein shake kind of person, but for the purposing of reviewing, I tried out the Fresh Berries (mind you, I did not finish the whole serving). I think it tastes okay, I probably should've picked the more conventional chocolate/vanilla flavor as my first try. The bottle is pretty nifty too. On the side that you can't see, there are actually markings to designate how many ounces you're filling up. Either I fail at mixing, or the little jack looking piece doesn't work well, because for the life of me I could not get all the protein powder to dissolve into the water. Would I purchase this? I'm not about that protein shake life. I gave the bottle and other two protein shakes to my love.

Edit: 26 June 2014 I visited the lovelie today and we made the swiss chocolate. It kind of has the taste/scent of hot chocolate, but "healthier"; I don't really know how to describe it. Since I'm probably not accustomed to protein shakes, I don't have that acquired taste for it. The sweetie seemed to like it though.

Those are the products I received courtesy of Influenster for the Go Vox Box. Quite a handful of products I really enjoyed from this box. Have you tried any of these products out? Let me know!

Have a wonderful day lovelies!

Disclaimer: I received these products complimentary of Influenster for testing purposes. As always, opinions are my own.