Monday, June 2, 2014

Manicure Monday! Featuring NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel in Skyline Blue

Hello there! I apologize for being absent these days (no surprise there :'[ ). Today I wanted to share with you my thoughts on this pretty little color from the NYC long wearing nail enamel collection in Skyline Blue.

I was roaming around the beauty aisles of Target the other week and I found this shade on sale. I didn't know that this line normally retails for $0.99, but I saw it was on clearance for $0.84, so I figure, why not? I have no previous experience with the brand's nail polish line. The only thing I knew was that NYC does sell nail polishes!

On the nails I have two coats of NYC Skyline Blue and two coats of Essie Rock the Boat (on my ring finger).

Review time!

Skyline Blue is a gorgeous baby blue shade. To describe it in more detail, I would say that it is a pale light blueish white polish with the slightest hint of shimmer.  The shade makes me happy and it's a very calming kind of color. Perfect for spring and transitioning into summer. As much as I love the shade, the formula of the polish was a bit lacking. I felt like the consistency of the polish was hard to work with, and I don't know if it was just because I had a fan on or something, but I got a bunch of air bubbles when applying. I do think it chips a bit more easier than other nail polishes as well. The brush is a bit longer than the polishes I usually use (such as Sinful Colors and Essie), which does affect the application process, making it a bit more difficult to apply. The length doesn't bother me much, but it was noticeable when I was using it. You definitely will need at least 2 coats with this polish. The layers are pretty sheer. My friend actually asked me if they were gel nails, so definitely a compliment there!

Overall, the thing I like most about this polish is the shade. The other factors aren't up to par with what I think is a good nail polish :[ . I'm quite fond of my Sinful Colors polishes, and given the chance I would pick that over this. I think that I would give NYC polishes another chance though and try out their other polishes to see if this was just a bad formula for this one specific shade. It's quite inexpensive for these polishes, so I know I won't be losing much from trying more shades. (It doesn't hurt, right?) 7.5/10!

Have a wonderful week! Take care always!