Monday, June 16, 2014

[Manicure Monday] Featuring Victoria's Secret Peep Show Nail Polish

[I apologize for the messiness] 
Hello there! I hope you guys are doing well. Today I wanted to share with you a polish I picked up from Victoria Secret! As you may know, Victoria Secret is currently having their semi-annual sale! (Until the end of this week or so) If you're visiting the store for some of their lingerie deals, don't forget to check out their beauty section as well!

Initially, the packaging of the nail polish drew me to it. The store I went to had so many polishes out. *insert pic of drooling panda face here* Such prettiness in just one section! I went through all the polishes and decided to purchase this little sparkly one- peep show (I've been trying to stop buying nail polishes these days...but I just can't help it #nailpolishaddict*)

This polish, I would say, is a fine glitter kind of polish. There are pink, purple, and white glitters, but you will basically just see the pinkish purple. The application is easy; it goes on just as nicely as a normal creme polish. The quality is decent. I find that it does take a bit longer to dry than other polishes though.

As seen on the image above, you can wear it alone, and it'll look like a light and sparkly pink polish. From left to right is 1 coat, 2 coats, and 3 coats, respectively. (Thank you sis for letting me use your nails xD) As seen on the image below, you can use it as a sparkly top coat accent for nails as well, just to add a little something extra to the look.
For these nails, I used two coats of Essie Guilty Pleasures (blog post here) and a bit of Peep Show on top half. Very pink look. The VS polish doesn't stand out too much because the base is already a very bright pink. (I was merely experimenting.) I will surely use this polish in future ManiMondays though!

This polish retails for $10, it was 50% off when I purchased it last week. There is 13.93ml (.47fl oz) of product.

Overall, I like the purchase. I don't have anything in my collection with this color and finish. I don't have any complaints about it yet, because I haven't really used it to its full potential (if that makes sense). It's nothing too exceptional for me, but I can see it being a useful addition to a nail design. 8.5/10!

Definitely check out the beauty items from the VS semi annual sale. Usually it's a hit or a miss, but big discounts call for fun experimenting time! You never know what little treasure you could end up with! I hope you have a wonderful week! Take care loves!