Thursday, June 12, 2014

[Review] Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA+++

Hello there lovelies! As summer is approaching and as we start to plan activities to do outside, we must not neglect the sunscreen! Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence should be on everyone's to-buy list for the summer. Keep on reading and I'll tell you why!

I have been using the Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 (sensitive) for as long as I can remember. (My mom always used it and, of course, she encouraged me to use it as well.) I never had a problem with it, it is a good sunscreen, but recently I've been wanting something with a higher SPF *a wittle bit more sun protection* as well as something that goes on a bit easier... (Here is a bit more info on SPF if you're curious on how it works).

I was browsing reviews after reviews on sunscreens/sunblocks and I ended up being fascinated by this one.

The Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence is a very lightweight sunscreen. It absorbs into the skin quickly; you can't even tell you have sunscreen on! This product contains UV blocking aqua micro capsules, so even though the consistency is a bit thicker than water, you can see that there are little chunky particles in it. It has a light citrus scent. From the ingredient list, you can see that it comes from the orange, grapefruit, and lemon extracts.
[Can you tell there's little capsules/chunky particles?]

Also from the ingredients list, it seems that this product is a chemical sunscreen, which absorbs UV rays, rather than a physical sunscreen which reflects the rays. For those of you who are very particular about chemical sunscreens, just be aware that this product is in fact a chemical sunscreen. 

Here's a breakdown of the ingredients:

I got info about typical ingredients from sunscreens *here*, and you can find the product page which has ingredients listed *here*(I had to translate the page, sadly I don't understand Japanese :[ )

This product contains 50 g of product and it sells for around $10-15+ at various sites. I purchased mine on amazon *here*

Overall, I really love this sunscreen. It's lightweight and easy to apply. You don't get a funny white cast on your face like other sunscreens. It feels just like water! I wish that it was sold in larger sizes (and that it's more readily available here in the states) *sad panda facey* 10/10!

Sunscreen is such an essential part in our skincare routine  especially now that summer is right around the corner. Don't forget to reapply every 2 hours to keep your face protected!

Take care and stay cool lovelies!

Disclaimer: This post contains no affiliated links. Links are added for ease of access to references and products. As always, opinions are my own.