Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Ipsy June Glam Bag 2014: Pretty In Paradise

Hello there! I'm quite late with Ipsy's June Glam bag, I apologize, but I feel like I should still make a post about it.

June's Glam Bag, "Pretty In Paradise" features a lovely bag designed by Rebecca Minkoff . It has a shiny fabric look and texture to it with the cutest little pineapple print. Very summer appropriate. I love the design of this bag, and I have been using the bag for my daily makeup bag since I've received it.

Inside the bag!

Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray (45mL/1.52 fl oz)
This beach spray has a very strong coconut smell. If you are not a fan of coconut or scents in general, I would avoid this. It does a nice job of adding some texture to your hair. It does give some definition and volume, but this product works best on fine/thin hair. As I have thicker (and long) hair, I use this in conjunction with a hairspray to keep my curly/wavy hair in place. (4.2 fl oz, $8.79)

Be A Bombshell Lash Out Mascara (7g/.25oz)
Do not smell this mascara! It has the weirdest, nauseating scent ever. Regardless, I'm not using this mascara because I have so many mascaras I need to go through. It has a simple spiral brush tip that's not flexible. Sleek black matte packaging with the material similar to e.l.f's voluminizing mascara. If I could guess, this looks like a mascara that would lengthen and maybe separate, not really voluminize. At this time, I don't know if it'll save it for later, or let a friend try it out. (Full size is given, $15)

Ofra Universal Eyebrow Pencil (0.04 oz)
I don't want to swatch this one because I don't know what I'm going to do with it just yet. I just purchased an eyebrow pencil so I'm going to use that first. This eyebrow pencil is a nice brown, slightly on the darker side. I can see this as a nice eyeliner shade as well. If I do keep this, I will probably use this for that purpose. This brown shade is said to flatter any skin tone, which I can see happening. It might not flatter every brow hairs though. (Full size is given, $13)

Realtree for Her Perfume (0.16oz)
From their site, they describe this perfume as having the "sweet taste of pomegranate, a hint of persimmon, and an exotic scent of orchids. It blends with lotus blossom and champaca flower and it's followed by the rich scent of amber, the transient scent of violets and the depth of mahogany wood." I never would have guessed that haha. If I could possibly describe it, I would say it is a fragrance on the lighter side with a hint deep notes. I do wish this scent is available in stores. It's definitely a scent to try out especially for the warmer months. (Travel sprayer size is given, $6.99)

Nyx Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee (8ml, 0.27 fl. oz)
 Pale nude-y color. I have pigmented lips, so I feel that the color isn't as noticeable as it can be, though it does make my lips look a bit paler. It has such a sweet, dessert scent and leaves the lips nice and glossy. The butter gloss isn't too sticky and the consistency isn't too thick either. It does accentuate those cracks, so just be aware of that. I actually do like the formula of the butter gloss, just not the shade in particular.  I've been meaning to try it, so I'm glad I got one in the Ipsy bag! (0.23ml, $5)

Overall thoughts:

Some products I find useful, some products not so much. I was pretty happy with the brands that were included in my bag this month, and I hope that they will continue to show up in future bags. I find myself using the butter gloss and beach spray the most. I might work with the eyebrow pencil to see if I can use it for a different purpose. Overall a good bag.

Retail value of bag: ~43.17

I apologize again for such a late post on June's Ipsy bag. Everyone's already making vids and posts about the July one :'[

If you want to check out Ipsy for yourself, click here*

Have a wonderful day!



Disclaimer: This post contains referral links. As always, opinions are my own.