Tuesday, July 15, 2014

[Manicure Monday] Featuring Cotton Swab Nail Art

Hello there! I feel like I haven't blogged in so long! Today I wanted to share a fun nail art with you using cotton swabs, or q-tips, however you call them. It's easy though, I promise!

Etude House posted an interesting nail art video and it looked like something simple to do. Check out their video *here*

I thought this would be a bright and colorful nail look perfect for summer. All you need are some cotton swabs and polishes of your choice.


Products I Used:
  • Cotton Swabs
  • Sinful Colors Snow Me White
  • Etude House Blueberry (purple)
  • Etude House Grapefruit (pink)
  • Etude House Blue Mint (blue)
  • Sinful Colors Mint Apple (green)



Steps:
  1. Starting with a white polish, I applied 1-2 coats until opacity. 
  2. Once it dries, grab a cotton swab and dip it into the first polish color. 
  3. Dab off excess and start dotting your nails. 
  4. Continue steps 2-3 with all the colors you wish to use.
  5. Seal it off with a top coat, if you desire.
I left 1/3-1/2 of the nail white just to keep the look from being too overwhelmingly colorful. If the color isn't as opaque as you wish, just dab on a bit more. If you end up with a solid dot, take a clean part of the cotton swab and dab it a bit to remove some of the polish. 

Depending on how you dab on the polish, it gives a different look. I think it adds to the overall appeal of the nail look. 

Hope you enjoyed my Manicure Monday! Take care and keep on smiling! :]