Monday, July 7, 2014

[Manicure Monday] Featuring OPI Gaining Mole-mentum

Hello loves! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Monday is always the worst after a long weekend huh? Today I wanted to share with you a stunning nail polish from OPI... Gaining Mole-mentum.

I've had my eyes on this polish ever since I saw it in the release of the Spring 2014 OPI Muppets Most Wanted collection. I was hoping somewhere along the way I'd catch an OPI sale so I can grab this polish. A couple weeks ago I went into Nordstrom Rack for the first time and spotted this nail polish on sale for $7.97!
Gaining Mole-mentum is a gorgeous glitter polish featuring shredded silver, gold, and rose glitters in a clear polish base. It is such a fun and playful polish. There's all sorts of shapes and sizes in this polish. No uniformity, which just adds to the appeal of the polish. I had no problems with the formula. It actually didn't take any effort to get the glitters out and the polish wasn't too thick either. No fishing for glitters here! The glitters come out pretty evenly as well. The only thing you'd need to worry about is making sure the glitters are lying flat on your nail. I also recommend a top coat on the thicker side to help smooth out the glitter, such as the Seche Vite top coat.
I wish the gold and rose tones are a bit more distinctive; if I just glance at the polish, I'd see gold with the slightest hint of pink. With that being said though, the colors do blend really nicely together. You'd have to be up close to notice that there are three different color glitters; the gold seems to reflect onto the pink and silver glitters.

On my nails I have one thin coat of Pure Ice Satin Ribbon and I used dabbing motions to get the OPI Gaining Mole-mentum on the tips with a couple glitters trickling down the nail. Topped off the whole nail look with a coat of Seche Vite.

The polish contains 15ml of product. Since it was part of a limited edition collection, you'd have to go hunting for this polish if you want it now. Drugstore.com and Amazon currently have it available on their sites (I directly linked them for you!)

Overall, I love this polish. I really like how the glitter pieces are shredded and how there are different shapes and sizes. I think it is a versatile glitter polish that can help accomplish different nail looks. It can help create a girly and glam look, but it can also be used for an edgier look, depending on how much glitter you pack on and what base polish you use with it. Definitely a fun polish to play with!
What do you think of this polish? Do you have any of the polishes from the OPI Muppets Most Wanted collection?

I hope you have a wonderful week!


Disclaimer: This post contains no affiliated links. Links are provided for ease of access to product.