Friday, July 4, 2014

[Foodie Diary] Food time at Woori Kalbi KBBQ


Hello there! These snapshots were from sometime last week, but I never got around to posting and blogging about it! *cue dramatic music* It all started when...

lol. Anyways, I was craving Korean BBQ (if you haven't tried it you are missing out!), and I wanted to try somewhere new. As a side note...in my opinion, the Korean BBQ places around my area/surrounding areas aren't as great as some other areas. I have been spoiled by food places in the more Asian areas (K-town, Rowland Heights, OC, downtown LA, etc) So if you're actually around this area and stumble upon the restaurant, take my opinions with a grain of salt. ;P

The restaurant is pretty spacious, there are a lot of room/booths/tables. There were only a couple other guests around, granted I went at a very random in the day. My lovelie and I opted for the AYCE (all you can eat) option, It is $15.95/person for lunch and $19.95/person for dinner. For some reason, we were charged with the dinner price (and the receipt says the time was 2:36p). I just realized this now, I have no idea if I was robbed or if we missed the cutoff (we probably did the latter); I don't remember seeing any times.

You can always tell how good a Korean BBQ place is by it's side dishes, and I was really disappointed that there was no potato salad type thing. Maybe it just depends on the day, I remember seeing some Yelp photos of a potato salad-like thing. This is probably because lunch/dinner/weekday/weekend is different. I have no idea. None of the side dishes appeased me except for the broccoli one. The salad it comes with was meh, it had a lot of red cabbage, which I personally don't love too much. We got kimchi, bean sprouts, broccoli, tofu, and the spicy/sour veggies for our side dishes. The meal came with a beef radish soup, salad, and rice.

We ordered the pork belly, beef brisket, bulgogi, and prime beef. The bulgogi was good. The beef brisket had a huge blob of frozen meat in a pile. The lovelie liked all the dishes though; his exact words were, "the marinated meat tasted good, the non-marinated meat tasted good as well."

[I think that pile to the left is brisket and bulgogi (underneath)]

They also have the square rice paper to make little rolls/tacos for your meat, but you have to ask them for it.

When I went to the restroom, I noticed this in the stall I went in. Pretty decorative if you ask me. I forget what these things are called... potpourri? Kind of random, not something you see every time you walk into a restroom.

The waitresses weren't that attentive. They were just socializing amongst themselves at the table. They were attentive after they handed us the bill though. Didn't really appreciate the customer service, but I didn't expect too much.

Overall, it was quite an experience. Would I go here again? I always believe that every place deserves a second visit, but I'm not in a rush to come back.

I promise not all my snapshot posts will be about food. (My next one won't be!) I hope you enjoyed this post nonetheless.


Have a wonderful day and fourth of July for those of you celebrating it! Be safe and take care!