Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Manicure Monday: Water Marbling Using Toothpicks

Hi there! Today I wanted to share with you a fun little "water marbling" technique using a toothpick, for those of you who are lazy (like me) and don't want to go through the whole process.

I apologize for the appearance of air bubbles, it was probably from the fan being on. It's been sooo toasty here :[ I made a video just for this week's Manicure Monday, which you can watch below! (Just be warned, the audio might be a little loud. Still working on my video skills, sorry :[ )
Polishes Used:
  • Sinful Colors Gorgeous
  • Sinful Colors Mint Apple
Steps
  1. Paint your nail with a nice, thicker coat of your first polish.
  2. Immediately put a couple drops of your second polish.
  3. Working fast, grab a toothpick and drag it through the polishes. You can swirl it around, go across, zigzag, etc. If the polish starts to dry, it'll start to get more tacky and it'll be more messy. 
  4. Fill in the little holes/gaps from the previous step (if any) using the polishes and repeat the "water marbling".
  5. Seal off your work with a top coat!
Note: Because you are using a thicker coat of polish, keep in mind that it will take a bit longer than usual to dry. 
I can see myself trying out this technique using different, more contrasting shades...one day! For now, I hope you enjoyed this week's Manicure Monday! 

Take care!