Thursday, August 21, 2014

Missha Creamy Latte Strawberry Cleansing Foam Review

missha creamy latte strawberry cleansing foam
Hello there! Today I wanted to share with you a product I purchased from beautynetkorea.com, the Missha Creamy Latte Strawberry Cleansing Foam!

Long time no blog huh? I apologize, my cousins and fam came over to visit from the east coast for the week and we had a lot of bonding time! I haven't seen them in 8ish years! I've also been kind of on a Youtube filming craze...so...yeah...still a newb at it and still editing some vids (the whole process is a bit harder than I thought! It's so hard for me to be satisfied with the product. It looks so newbie too T_T).

Anyways...back when I was looking for a new face wash, I stumbled upon this cleansing foam on beautynetkorea's site. If you recall, I had a website review and haul post including this product (though not pictured) way back in December. Check out the blog post here)

Originally, I thought this cleansing foam would be like one of those foaming soaps, where it just magically comes out as a foam, but I was wrong, you actually have to lather it up and it'll create a foam-like consistency.

This cleansing foam "contains milk ingredients, it makes your skin clean, moisturized and nourished." From the Missha website, this product contains ingredients that help "vitalized tired, dull skin. Strawberry latte provides nutrition to and helps brighten the skin. The latte-like soft, smooth lather helps keep the skin moisturized even after cleansing."

This product has such a light and creamy consistency. It doesn't feel thick at all. All you have to do is take some product out, add some water and lather it up and it's ready to go! It comes out as a satin, light pinkish white color, and it doesn't take much work to get it to have that "foamy" appearance. I would say it's more creamy/frothy than foamy.
missha creamy latte strawberry cleansing foam review
This foam has a strawberry scent, as you can guess from the name. I can't specify what kind of strawbery scent it is. It's not a fresh strawberry scent. For the longest time, it reminded me of those pink soaps I find in public restrooms. Initially, I did not like the scent at all, but it kind of grew on me.

After using this product, I believe I do get a slight bit of brightening. Right after you wash off the foam, you get a "squeaky clean" feeling, which reminds me of how my face feels after an at home egg mask (this could be a feature in helping with the elasticity of the skin). I have such dry skin, so I'll still feel the need to moisturize after cleansing my face.

Ingredients:

Water(Aqua), Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Lauric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Caramel, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Beeswax(Cera Alba), Milk, Fragaria Chiloensis(Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance(Parfum), Red33(CI 17200), Blue 4 (CI 04700)

(Ingredient list from Missha site)
If you can read this, I'm jealous!
Additional Information:
Purchase date: December 2013
Site of Purchase: beautynetkorea.com (direct product link, currently $7.20)
Made in: Korea
Size: 172mL
Shelf Life: 12M

Overall: 

I love this cleanser. It feels so gentle on my skin, and it's a light and creamy formula. The scent is something I didn't really like, but I am quite picky with scents (and I did end up getting used to it). It leaves my skin feeling cleaner and just more..alive (refreshed is the word I'm looking for). I love the feel of the product as I'm working with it as well as when it's being rinsed off. I would consider purchasing the other types of Creamy Latte Cleansing Foams as well when I finish this one. (There is a green tea and chocolate one!) 9/10!

I hope you found my review helpful! If you have any other questions about this product or about shopping on beautynetkorea.com please let me know!

Youtube video with product demo will be posted below when it is completed!


Take care and have a wonderful day loves!