Monday, August 4, 2014

[Review] Holika Holika Pig Nose Clear Blackhead Cleansing Sugar Scrub

Hello there loves! I feel like it's been absolutely forever since I reviewed something for you, so today I'm going to give you my thoughts on this product! ~ the Holika Holika Pig Nose Clear Blackhead Cleansing Sugar Scrub!

I've had such a problem with blackheads for the longest time, especially around my nose area, and at the time, I was on the hunt for a product that would clean it out. I stumbled upon this little cutie. I checked out some blog reviews, but most of them weren't too..crystal clear about it. That means...I pick it up myself and see how it fares!

This Holika Holika Pig Nose Blackhead Cleansing Sugar Scrub (such a mouthful!) looked pretty inexpensive for what it was (~$7), considering you don't need much product for just your nose (and maybe surrounding) area. The sugar scrub comes in a cute, pink plastic container with a screw top lid. The thickness of the container is really thin, but product is packed into it. It has a really nice sweet and citrus (lemon) scent, kind of like lemonade or an excessively sweet lemon pastry. Don't be tempted to the point where you want to give it a taste though, there are more ingredients than just lemons and sugar... ;p

Key Ingredients Found in the Scrub:
  • Sugar: to keep skin smooth and removes blackheads and dead skin cells
  • Pink Clay: to absorb sebum
  • Lemon Extract: to provide nutrients to the skin
  • Aloe Vera Gel: to provide nutrients to the skin
excuse my finger. that's my ring finger, promise!
There are different sizes of sugar particles in this scrub. It will probably be too abrasive for sensitive skin. I've had this scrub for a while, and since then, the sugar and such has kind of melted into a more gloopy consistency, but there are still sugar particles in it, so it's a bit less harsh.

Does this product work? Well to put it in short..no, not for what it's supposed to do. I have lots of blackheads on my nose/around the nose area, so I've always had a problem with blackheads. This scrub works in the sense that it does remove some of the blackheads. To put it into perspective, I would say not even 25% of my blackheads are removed using this product. Because it is a scrub with moisturizing properties, the nose does feel cleaner and smoother after using the scrub, but the physical appearance of the blackheads does not significantly change.

I will continue to use the scrub, I'm currently about halfway through it; I only use it at most twice a week. I am thinking of mixing this scrub in with my face wash for a bit of exfoliation, but I will not be purchasing this again.
This swatch was done right after I got it in the mail.
How to use this product:
  1. After washing the face, apply appropriate amount onto wet face and massage. To reduce irritation, massage it after mixing with water or toner.
  2. After 10-15 mins, wash it with lukewarm water.
Recommended: 1-2 times a week.

Additional Information:
Purchase date: December 2013
Site of Purchase: beautynetkorea.com (direct product link)
Made in: Korea
Size: 30mL

This product was included in my Beautynetkorea haul *here*
I can't read the labels, but if you can....I'm jelly!
Overall:

I don't necessarily regret this purchase. I think it was worth trying, but since it didn't work as it should, I won't be repurchasing it again. The scrub does make your skin feel smoother, and... not really greasy, but moisturized... that could be mistaken for greasy? [Does that make sense?] It does brighten and clean your face and it smells divine, but I need it to clean blackheads too. (Sad panda.) If it was a facial scrub type product, I definitely would rate it higher, but I do have expectations of it removing blackheads if that's what it is intended for. 5/10!

I hope you enjoyed my review. If you have any questions about this product or about shopping on beautynetkorea.com let me know!

Have a lovely day!