Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Foodie Diary: Father's Office

Hi there! The love and I went by our first gastropub together! When I think of gastropub, I think of snails. Gastropub...gastropod...#nerdylife? lol
So...I didn't know it's just go in, order, and sit wherever...awkwardness. We were just chilling at the door like....what is going on here... lyfe.

We decided to sit at the bar, so our view were the fun little beer taps (featured above). Seeing as we were in a pub, I just had to try something alchy. ;] I picked the Liefmans Fruitesse and after the first sip, I knew I picked wisely. This drink has such a gorgeous pale red color with a yummy fruity taste. There is a mix of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, among other fruits. Very refreshing! Kind of link a fruit soda with alcohol in it!

As we were waiting for the food to come out, we were just absorbing in the atmosphere. People just go by the bar, order, get their numbers and go sit wherever. The fries looked delicious. I was hoping that whatever we ordered would be enough. Between the two of us, we just ordered an appetizer and an entree with a side.

When the food came out...I was thinking..thank goodness we didn't order two burgers! The lamb skewers were very flavorful. It was filled with spices and had such a strong, mouthwatering aroma. The lamb was similar to steak but much more tender and had a hint of sweetness. The lamb was atop a bed of fennel with a hodgepodge of flavors I can't really describe.
The Office Burger, which I think is the most ordered dish there, was amazing! I didn't think I would like having my burger with the nontraditional bun that they use, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. If I wasn't such a newb at taking pictures, you would get a better look at what was inside the burger -_-' my apologies. The burger had caramelized onions, applewood bacon, gruyere (cheese), argula, and maytag blue (cheese). Ours was ordered med well and it was delicious!
The fries, or frites as they called them, with the garlic parsley aioli was absolutely amazing. I am quite a french fry freak and these definitely ended up in my top favs! The fries had a nice crunch and seasoning to them, and with the dip?...ohmagosh...heaven! French fry fans...GO GET THIS NOW!..or at least add it on your list of things to get while you're here.

Despite the awkwardness at the beginning of our meal, this place was worth the try! Get the Office Burger. Definitely a busy and active environment but it's still fun! The highlights of my meal were the Liefsmans Fruitesse and the fries with the garlic aioli...yum. I could eat those fries forever (probably not a healthy option though... )

Anyways...take care! and until next time! :]