Monday, October 6, 2014

Manicure Monday: Black and White Marbley Sponge Art Nails

Hello there! Are you surprised I'm actually doing a Manicure Monday? *throws streamers in the air* I did another nail look using the sponging nail art technique to make a Halloween appropriate look!

Maybe not too crazy on the Halloween theme, but it's a subtle one, right? (or is it just me?) Anyways...I initially created this look to use as a background for some fun Halloween ideas, but I didn't get a chance to add any fun details. The overall look kind of has a smokey, foggy, ominous feel. (Which is how I thought this would be okay for the Halloween season.)

I have use the sponging technique in various Manicure Mondays in the past. Check out my previous posts here!

Polishes Used:
  • Sinful Colors Black On Black
  • Sinful Colors Snow Me White
  • Seche Vite Top Coat
"Nail Art Tool" Used:
  • Makeup Sponge (Wedge Shape)
I will include a short video on how I did the whole process below, when it gets published and all that. 

I really like the ending product. It kind of looks like I did some kind of marbling effect with the nails. All I did was sponge on the black polish to cover the whole nail, and then sponge on some white and black to create the look I want. It's just a series of layering and sponging on the polishes. I think I layered each color on about three times!

If you do try this out, I recommend using glue around the edges of the nails so you can just peel off all the polishes that gets onto your skin for an easier clean up. (And who doesn't like peeling glue off their skin ;] )

I hope you enjoy this week's Manicure Monday! (It already feels like Wednesday or something T_T ) Have a lovely week!