Monday, October 13, 2014

Manicure Monday: Breast Cancer Awareness Nails With Butter London Teddy Girl

Hello there! Can you believe we're basically halfway through the month already? Time's speeding up... or at least that's how I feel. Next thing you know... it'll be Christmas time already! Today I wanted to share my version of pink nails for Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

[I didn't buff down my nail, which explains the little chip looking monster on my middle nail. Sowwie!]

Originally, I was going to do Halloween theme nails, but I decided to go pink! So...Halloween nails will be next week! (fingers crossed!) Anyways, I was looking through my pink polishes trying to figure out what to use and then I remembered that I recently bought a pretty pink polish during Ulta's 2 for $15 Butter London sale.

Butter London Teddy Girl is a pale white-pink shade that is absolutely perfect for this week's theme. Pictures don't do this color justice. It's a hint more pink in person as opposed to pictures. As much as I love the shade, the polish was a bit difficult to work with. I prefer applying my polishes with ease, and while this shade is opaque, application is a bit streaky. One coat is opaque enough to my liking, but it took me two coats to make it look like an even application. For this polish, I recommend two to three coats just to get rid of the streaks. I absolutely adore this color; I just wish that buying a higher end polish would yield a better quality.
For the little ribbon, I used Sinful Colors Guilty Pleasures, which I think is the perfect contrast to the light pink shade. Using a toothpick, I just dotted on the shape of the ribbon and then went back and connected all the dots. An easy way to create the ribbon is to create an "X" shape and then have the two top lines connect.
Hopefully these nails will last me a good couple of days before they start to chip. I applied a nice layer of Seche Vite top coat to help with the longevity and to smooth out the design.

I hope you enjoyed this week's Manicure Monday! I have been loving all the pink nail posts recently. Pink is such a happy color! It definitely brightens my mood whenever I look at my nails.

Take care and have a lovely week!
no flash. my fingers look so wrinkly T_T