Friday, November 21, 2014

Influenster: Moda VoxBox 2014

influenster moda voxbox
Hello lovelies! Are you keeping warm? The weather just keeps getting cooler and cooler! I have been loving the cloudy sky! (Just need that rain!) Today I wanted to share with you an Influenster box that includes some winter essentials!

The items I received in this box were courtesy of Influenster for testing and reviewing purposes. I have mentioned in previous posts about the program, as well as the site. Check out the site here: influenster.com. You can also check out my profile on there and see what I've been up to! There are no referral links included, as far as I know, the only affiliation I could have with whatever you do on Influenster is if I directly email you an invite, but you are able to sign up yourself and explore what the site has to offer. (You don't need an invite to become an Influenster! Chances of being invited into a program is based on your profile as well as your social impact. Each voxbox has different requirements.) Influenster is now mobile friendly! And there is an Influenster app in the Apple store! (I can't wait til the Android version comes out!)
moda voxbox
This box is called the Moda VoxBox! I forgot to include the little card with the picture of everything in it in the main picture, which makes me kind of sad, because I actually love the illustrations on the card. So pretty and inviting!

Inside the Box!

Rimmel Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves Mascara: Say goodbye to quiet lashes with Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves Mascara by Rimmel London. Our first broken heart-shaped brush creates a fringe of big, curvy, rockin' lashes. This cleverly-shaped applicator twists and curves to hug the lash line; the thin tip grabs hard to reach inner lashes, while the amplified base pulses lashes with incredible volume and curve. Lashes are plumped and lifted in one clean stroke. ($5.49-$5.99)

I have been using this mascara for a few days now, and the results have pleasantly surprised me. While I need more than just "one clean stroke" to get my mascara on the way I like it, the brush helps give my lashes some lift and volume, and it stays like that throughout the day. I have been very lazy these days, so I actually haven't been curling my lashes, just brushing the mascara through my lashes. The little lift I do get when brushing it through does last throughout the day. I experience little to no smudging and no flakiness from this formula. The strange brush shape (tip) helps me get into the corners and (thicker side) helps give an extra lift to the lashes. This mascara is in a snake-textured mascara tube with a kind of lacy design! Been loving this mascara so far! I might have a separate post just on this product later on with more pictures!

Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick: Rimmel London introduces new and improved Moisture Renew Lipstick for lips drenched in moisture and a brilliant burst of colour. ($6.99-$7.49)

If you've read other reviews I've had, I have mentioned countless times that I am not really a lippie gal. The color I got was in Nude Delight. I actually love this color; it lightens my pigmented lips, and it's such a nice and natural color. It has a bit of a peachy undertone, but it's a perfect neutral shade! The formula is smooth and it feels wonderful applying, kind of like a moisturizing lip balm, though it will look terrible with chapped lips, which I have alll the time (the color just seeps into the cracks). Nonetheless, I have been enjoying this color!

Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lip Liner: Use new Moisture Renew Lip Liner before applying your lipstick, it is a totally clear lip liner that defines lips and prevents colour from feathering. ($5.99-$6.49)

I'm a bit skeptical of this lip liner, though it seems like a cool concept. Since I am not a lippie person, I don't really stray too far into lipsticks and such, so I never found the need to invest in a lip liner. This lip liner is actually invisible; I can't really tell I'm putting it on, or if it's doing anything, hence why I'm skeptical. It does seem to create a layer on the lips, so I'm sure in that sense, it'll help the lipstick last a little longer.

Puffs SoftPack: Outside its flexible design holds up better than an ordinary tissue box. Inside it's the soft Puffs tissues you love from the only national brand dermatologist tested to be gentle. ($4.99-5.99)

I am really happy with the design I received in my box. I think its the cutest one! Love the little polka dots and the color. I leave this in the car, and it's like a nice little decor in my car. The quality of the packaging as well as the tissues themselves are wonderful. The design doesn't scratch off and it's not a flimsy layer that's protecting the tissues. Very flexible and durable, you can throw this pack anywhere! The tissues aren't too harsh on the skin, and they hold well. This is perfect on the go, or just on your desk! Essential item for flu season!

Hair Food Moisture Hair Mask: As honey coats to protect and apricot oil hydrates for softness, the Hair Food Moisture Hair Mask contains essences of these ingredients, conditioning and coating each strand to help repair and smooth the protective outer layer. The formula helps provides rich moisture protection from everyday styling for smooth, manageable hair while adding softness, smoothness and radiant shine. ($14.99)

I love the light fragrance of this hair mask. It is not overwhelming at all and it has a warm, apricot scent. The mask makes my hair feel healthy and smooth! I use this the way I use conditioner-apply from the mid-shaft to the ends. Love the shine it leaves my hair as well! I like how this is a paraben free and mineral oil free product, though that is probably why it is on the pricey side. I think I could find something just as effective without spending so much. Besides the little price tag, I love the quality and the performance of this product!

Swiss Miss Simply Cocoa: Swiss Miss' new Simply Cocoa line is the perfect drink to warm up your winter. available in milk and dark chocolate, Simply Cocoa has just five ingredients- sugar, cocoa, nonfat milk, salt and natural flavor. No artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. Be sure to use hot milk when preparing Simply Cocoa for an indulgent, silky-smooth cocoa that is simply delicious ($2.29)

I would first like to say that...I can't believe they have a dark chocolate one! I must try it! (Big fan of dark chocolate!) I love how there's just a few ingredients yet it tastes delicious! While I do prefer using hot water as opposed to milk to make my hot cocoa (I'm lazy), I think milk is essential to create this creamy and chocolatey drink. It has such a rich flavor, perfect with marshmallows just in time for the cooler weather! I appreciate how there are no artificial flavors/colors and preservatives. One less thing to worry about when sipping on this nommy drink!

JERGENS Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer: Now even better! Jergens Ultra Healing Moisturizer contains a unque illuminating HYDRALUCENCE blend and locks in moisture for up to 48 hours. Reveal visibly luminous, healthier-looking skin in just one week. ($5.99/$6.99)


I spotted this exact size at walmart for like $1.69 or something! I think this is the perfect size to throw in my bag and use throughout the day. There is a light scent. It is quite moisturizing and I like the feeling it leaves on my skin. It doesn't take long to absorb, and there's no weird greasy/sticky residue. My hands have been soo dry these days, and this helps a lot! When my hands are extra dry where it looks like it's getting chapped (especially around the knuckles area), one layer will not be enough, and I'll have to apply again (only a good body butter will save it!) It is perfect for my arms and legs though! Using lotion everyday, especially after you shower, will help give you smooth and healthy skin.  I have been trying to use lotion everyday, and it makes a whole world of a difference!

Resource Spring Water: Resource is a 100% Natural Spring Water from carefully selected sources with naturally occurring electrolytes for a clean, refreshing taste. Resource comes in a bottle made with 50% recycled plastic and is 100% recyclable. ($1.49)

Honestly, this tastes just like water. Not the ones with a weird taste, but a clean, crisp kind of taste. I don't mind it at all. It has natural electrolytes added for taste, but I couldn't even tell you the difference between the normal and added one. I like the packaging. Refreshing addition to this box. There's not really anything more I could say about it! Keep yourself hydrated even during the cooler months! #refreshwithresource

These are the items I received in my Moda VoxBox. I absolutely love everything in the box (except for the lipliner, which I am neutral about)! Some wonderful essentials for the cooler season! I adore this box, and I am very grateful to be able to participate in another VoxBox.

If you are an Influenster, let me know what your last fav product from any program has been! If you're not an Influenster, do browse the site! It's fun, I promise!

Check out my unboxing video!

I hope you enjoyed this little peek into the Moda VoxBox! Take care lovelies and stay warm!



Disclaimer: Products received were courtesy of Influenster for testing and reviewing purposes. This post contains no referral links. As always, opinions are my own.