Friday, November 7, 2014

Ipsy September 2014 Glam Bag: Street Style

Hello there!  It's basically a bajillion months after this bag came out, I apologize! Usually I'm more timely with my Ipsy posts. So sad...it's been such a busy and stressful couple of months for me! Let's just all go back a couple of months and relive September for a bit! (The year is coming to an end so fast!)

I still wanted to make posts about the Ipsy bags I haven't talked about here on my blog, so we're going to go back to September! I kind of want to make my Ipsy posts of a different format, do let me know what you think about this! I want to be able to test out the products more before actually creating a post about it, so these future posts will be more delayed, and have more review content in them. Since I do try to post Ipsy unboxing videos in a timely manner, you can check out how these products look, as well as swatches and such in my videos. If you want me to keep the format of these Ipsy posts the same, let me know!

September's theme was Street Style. Very punk and edgy! The bag featured a metallic silver made with a soft material with four square studs as an accent. It's a slightly bigger bag than Ipsy's usual ones, which is just fine for me. I can just throw everything into the bag and throw it in my bag and go. It's a surprisingly durable material too!

Products in the Bag!

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask (1 oz)
This hair mask is perfect for damage, dull hair. I would use this interchangeably with my normal conditioner and I actually just finished it all up today! After shampooing, I would put in about a nickel size from the midshaft down to the ends, leave it in while I wash the rest of my body, and then rinse it out after a few minutes. It makes my hair feel soo smooth and healthy! This mask has a nice nutty (coconutty?) scent! Extra plus! This is a cruelty-free product, free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, silicones, artificial fragrances, artificial dyes and gluten! (Full size 5.25 oz, $26)

Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss in Love Affair (4 ml)
I would have preferred the lighter pink shade, but seeing as this is the fall season, I decided to give this shade a chance. It is a beautiful berry shade, definitely perfect for this season! The gloss glides on smoothly and the color doesn't sink into the cracks of my lips like other glosses. I can just dab on a bit for a subtle tint (my preference!), or go full on for a more dramatic look. Since is it such a bold shade, I would just be cautious when using it. This shade works for me when I feel like doing gradient lips as well! (Full size is provided, $19)

Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush (1 oz) 
When I first saw this in my bag, I was thinking...really? a brush? lol. Since I've never heard of this brand before, I figured it was worth a shot. I like trying out crease brushes anyways ;] The brush is really soft! The shadow side is really fluffy for what it is. It doesn't feel prickly on the skin at all! I use the shadow side to create a wash of color on my eyes. It's a big size brush for my eyes, but sometimes I do use it for contouring as well, since it is kind of fluffy! The crease side I use more often, and I use it for the crease, and even the corners of my eyes! This brush is part of the Infinity Synthetic Fibers line. (Full size is provided $6.99)

LeeAnni Eco 3-in-1 Revolution Light (0.5 oz)
I actually used this all up earlier this week! This is an interesting product. It has toner, serum and moisturizer in one. I don't know how that works, but I guess it is convenient especially in the morning when you're in a rush to go out. This product claims to help tighten skin, reduce breakouts, relieve dark circles, moisturize, fight aging, treat sun damages, and calm irritated skin. What a doozy! I did not really find the scent of this product appealing. It's kind of like something you would find an organic product to smell like, that is the explanation I have on the scent. I found this product was a bit too greasy for me. There was a bit of fading of my sun spots, and because of the ingredients used, this does feel cooling/refreshing upon initial application. It does moisturize as well, though I didn't see much in the relieving dark circles compartment. Even if the product is beneficial to the skin, I wouldn't personally go out and get it because it feels greasy on my skin and the scent. This product is gluten free, natural and vegan! (Small size: 2 oz, $17.48)

Pacifica 7 Free Nail Polish in Red Red Wine (13.3 ml) 
This is a gorgeous shade for the fall. I have never used a Pacifica polish, so I was pretty excited to receive this in my bag! I was actually surprised of the quality of this polish. It is so nice and glossy on my nails. Definitely don't need a top coat for this! The shade is a beautiful medium reddish purple color, which is what I think of when I think of fall. My nails didn't chip easily with this polish and application was effortless! Two coats was perfect for me. This polish is formulated without parabens, phthalates, toluene, xylene, camphor, formaldehyde, resin, and animal byproducts. The brush is also 100% vegan! (Full size is provided, $9)

Overall thoughts! I wasn't too excited with September's bag. Even though I used up two of the items completely, I wasn't too fond of the lotion thing. That being said, the Deep Conditioning Mask was my fav from this month. I know I will use everything else in its entirety, and the Pacifica polish has made it into one of my favs for the autumn season.

Retail Value of Bag: ~$44.31

Here is my unboxing for this glam bag:
I hope you don't mind too much about this late post, I am going to work on October's bag and hopefully that will be out soon as well! Let me know what you think of the new format for Ipsy posts. I know it's a lot more words than pictures. I can go back to posting more pictures as well. I would appreciate any kind of input you have!

Have a lovely weekend!