Sunday, December 14, 2014

Ipsy November 2014 Glam Bag: Girl Meets Glitter

Well well well....this is a bit embarrassing, but I feel like I'm switching back and forth with my Ipsy series. Sometimes I feel like reviewing, sometimes I feel like just doing first impressions, it's quite a conflicting battle. I definitely should be keeping this consistent, so I'll just do mini reviews, and will do a follow up if I feel it is necessary! This is going to be my post on November's Ipsy Bag!

The theme for November's Ipsy bag is Girl Meets Glitter which you can definitely see from the glittered out bag you get for the month. It is not a rough kind of material though, there's a plastic layer over this glitter, so it's nice and smooth. The pink is a nice pop of color to this glitzy bag.

Inside the bag!

Since I actually already gave some of the products in this bag away before I got a chance to take a picture, I'll provide you with a product image of what the Ipsy site has (I apologize I couldn't take photos of them!)

Be A Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive (0.09 oz)
While I do get shimmer from this, there's not much color, maybe it is just too light on my skin (when using a light finger). It does add some shimmer if used under eye shadows, which is how I normally wear this! If you try to pick up product with a bit more pressure you'll get a rich bronzy shade with gold shimmer, which reminds me of one of the shades in the Naked palette. It applies on smoothly and it has a creamy consistency! I find the packaging is a bit unnecessary, most of the product is at the top, but there is just glass for the rest of it! (Full size is provided, $14)

Be Delectable Ultra Nourishing Hand Cream in Coconut and Cream (2 fl oz)
My hands are always dry during this time of the month, so you can never go wrong with hand cream! For those of you who do not like scents, don't try this one. It leaves my hands with a sweet coconutty scent that lingers for a while! I am usually very picky with coconut scented items, but for some reason, I love this one! The cream isn't too thick and it gets absorbed into the skin quickly! (Full size is provided, $5.50)

Glamglow Powermud Dual Cleanse Treatment (0.5 fl oz)
I was really happy to find out I received a Glamglow product! Quite exfoliating and works well at removing all the dirt and buildup from my face. My skin feels refreshed and smooth after using this product! I love the generous size of the sample too! Definitely recommend for all you skincare product lovers! (Full size: 1.7 oz, $69)

J. Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint in Mad Splatter (0.33 oz)
The color I received was pretty! It is a magenta/plum/purpley kind of shade, which is a nice color for this season. It doesn't really stay on the lips for long, and while it does stain the lips, I think it gets a bit messy, during and after application. I wish it was a different formula/consistency. I love the shade and love how you can make it as intense or as light as you want though. (Full size is provided, $4.99)

Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil in Ultra Orchid (0.1 oz)
I find that it is not too flattering with purple shades on my eyes, but this color is darker than I thought. I am definitely not a fan of the glittery eye liners type products, so I won't get much use out of it. The formula is a bit soft but it's creamy and very easy to apply. It is a nice shade to use as a liner above a black liner, or as a shadow for a smokey eye shade. I find this product smudges a bit too easily though. (Full size is provided $17)

Retail value of bag: $61.78

I am very excited about the first three items I reviewed, the last two...not as much. The Glamglow product is already more than worth the price paid for the bag! Overall, I think this bag has some amazing products which mall us up for the products I'm indifferent about.

I hope you have a lovely day!