Monday, December 8, 2014

Manicure Monday: Featuring Winter Skies Gradient Nails

Hello there lovelies! I feel like it's been absolutely forever since I last blogged! I think about it all the time but I never have the chance to do it. My apologies! Today I wanted to share with you a simple nail look that's very reminiscent of a winter sky. (Or at least that's what it reminds me of...)

To create the look all you need is a makeup sponge and some polishes! I love using the makeup sponges in the shape of wedges; it's a lot easier to work with!
The base polish I used is Zoya Carey. This polish is a a grey color with a hint of purple undertones, I think it is a nice base for a cold winter sky, don't you? I did two coats! I had this polish on for a few days before I started sponging so there was a bit of chipping already but the white polish covers over it.

The white polish I'm using for the "snow" is Sinful Colors Snow Me White (I know...very appropriate ;] ). To get the gradient effect, I did four or five layers of sponging on the polish. Just keep the layers light, so you can see the gradient effect on the nails. I made extra sure that the very tips of my nails were completely covered with the white!

I was actually just going to leave the nails at that but I decided to add a little bit of sparkle (It's the holiday season, so why not!)! I used Sephora by OPI Sparkle Me Silver, which is just like a holographic glitter shaped just like sprinkles! It's kind of like.....the snow falling! (Don't judge me...I live in SoCal....I don't get to see snow often! Snow is a magical thing for me... ;] ) There was a bit of placement with these glitters, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't just a blob of glitter in one particular area, but otherwise...I was pretty lazy applying this glitter coat.
It reminds you of a snowy winter sky, doesn't it? I hope so! At least...I can see it!  I hope you enjoyed this little Manicure Monday! Stay warm and good luck with all the holiday preparations!