Sunday, January 4, 2015

Ipsy December Glam Bag 2014: Thinking of You

Happy 2015! I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing holiday season! Today I wanted to talk about the items in December's Ipsy Glam Bag!

The theme of this month was Thinking of You, which is Ipsy's way of expressing gratitude towards the Ipsy family for all the support and love throughout the year....(or at least that's how I'm interpreting it ;D ) The bag is a black satin that is so sleek. I love the pop of berry on the zipper and interior. That is my most favorite part of the bag! There's also a cute little heart keychain on the zipper that you could detached and use separately!

Inside the bag!

NYX Butter Lip Balm in Marshmallow (0.14 oz)

I love how hydrating this lip balm feels! It glides on so smoothly and it smells delightful! I was originally a bit skeptical of the shade. When swatched, it is really light, but on the lips it is more pigmented than meets the eyes. The color I received is a pure nude with a bit of shine. I think it'll be nice as a base since it does neutralize the pigmentation of my natural lips. This is pretty pigmented, I can't imagine how the pinks and reds are! Side note: I assume this is just part of the appeal, but this lip balm has an oversized cap. (Full size is provided, $4)

Pixi Fairy Dust in Brightening Bare (0.02 oz)

When I think of "fairy dust" I think of overly dramatic sparkly craziness, which is definitely not what this product is. It is very muted in the sparkle factor, it is shimmering, but the shade I received doesn't really show up on my skin! I imagine using this on top of an eyeshadow to add a subtle shimmer, or even as a highlighter? I find that the sponge applicator is a gimmicky feature; the packaging makes it a bit messy. I didn't really like this product, maybe a different shade would have been better. (Full size is provided, $10)


Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4 in 1 Mascara (0.10 oz)

It's always exciting for me to receive a tarte product. I find the formula of this mascara is a bit wet, though it's gloopy when I would try to pull the wand from the tube. The bristles are quite dense, which helps to volumize the lashes. I feel like this mascara smudges a bit easier than normal. I probably wouldn't consider purchasing this mascara. As for packaging, I love the purple! It would have been pretty awesome if this sample had the same cushion-y packaging as the full size. (Full size 0.24 oz, $20)

 Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream (0.5 oz)

This is my favorite product from this month's bag! This product contains avocado oil, moroccan argan oil, as well as shea butter. There is a light scent that reminds me of a muted version of the San Tan Pure White Mineral Sunscreen from Ipsy's May 2014 Bag. The eye cream has a nice consistency; it applies on smoothly, so you don't have to worry about applying a lot of pressure to the delicate eye area. I find that this cream is a bit greasy, but because makes my eye area feel refreshed and hydrated, I don't mind it! Currently this product is expected to launch sometime in January!

Sexy Hair 450 degree Blow Out Heat Defense Blow Dry Spray (1.7 oz)

I love receiving hair products like this in Ipsy bags. This particular product is good for protecting your hair against heat damage. It smells nice and it makes my hair feel soft and look shiny. I love hair products that doesn't weigh your hair down, and this product is one of them! I like how the spray nozzle distributes the product throughout my hair. I don't think it actually "dries" my hair, or helps my hair dry faster, maybe I'm not using it right... (Full size 4.2 oz, $18.95)

Retail Value of Bag: ~$35

Fun bunch of products to try out for this month! I hope you guys enjoyed the post! Take care! I'm hoping to be more active on my blog this year!