Monday, January 5, 2015

Manicure Monday: Featuring Purple Polka Dots

 Hello there lovelies! First Monday of the year! How are those New Years' resolutions going? xD I wanted to be organized, but my planner isn't coming until Weds! It's been such a looooong week of waiting T_T Anyways, I have been in a purple-y polka dotty mood again, so the polka dotted nail returns for this week!

Last April, I had done a similar nail look. If you want to check it out...click here! It has more variations of purples though!

In this week's nails, I was in the mood for purple! so I used two coats of Essie Full Steam Ahead! One of my favorites purple pastel shade! It has a bit of shimmer in it as well! The formula is getting a bit gloopy on me though :[ I applied two coats of Julep Queen Anne on my ring finger, and I was actually going to leave the look like that. It seemed a bit boring to me, so I started dotting on some dots randomly! On the Julep site, it describes this shade as a lilac confetti microglitter. I love the way light hits this polish! Very easy to apply and it goes on so nicely! It has a very sandy kind of texture if you don't smooth it out with a top coat (and since I'm lazy...no top coat for me!)
Since it seemed a bit boring with just the accent nail, I grabbed my dotting tool and started dotting. The dotting is kind of random, but all the nails have a dot on each side, and then some random dots to make each nail look a bit different from the others. I like how they ended up! The dots don't look too weird, but they don't look uniform either! Insert happy panda dance.

I love these nails. They make me happy! :] I hope you find some inspiration with my nails as well! I hope you are having a wonderful start to the new year, and if you're not...there's always room for improvement and bettering yourself! This year just started! Take care lovelies!