Monday, February 2, 2015

Manicure Monday: Pink Splatter Nails

Hello hello! First month of the year is over and I am already behind in my posts! Today I wanted to show you another pink nail design~perfect for Valentine's Day! (I'm loving pink nails these days by the way ;] )

Originally I wanted to do that "fancy" straw splatter technique, but I gave up on it...so...I used the straw to create this "splatter" effect. In other words, I got lazy and just started painting my nails with a straw!
For the base color, I used two coats of Pure Ice in Satin Ribbon, which is a sheer pinkish white shade. For the splatters, I used Butter London in Teddy Girl, Victoria's Secret in Peep Show and Sinful Colors in Snow Me White. I find that the combination of colors I used really suits well together. This would look nice in a marble design as well! Since this was a very textured kind of technique, I added on a top coat to smooth it out!

I started by dipping the tip of the straw into the pink color and just dripping and spreading it throughout my nails. Since I'm an impatient person, I just went ahead and used the glittery pink polish right after I finished with all my nails. After that, I put on some white to make the overall look a bit less monochromatic and then finished off adding a bit more of the pink.
I actually really love how these nails look. They're all unique in their own way, yet still the same. It is such a fun look! I hope you enjoyed this week's Manicure Monday and I hope it inspires you to play with different combinations of polishes to create a fun splatter nail look as well! Take care always!