Sunday, February 1, 2015

Review: Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Dry Shampoo

Hello there lovelies! How are you doing? I recently finished a dry shampoo and I wanted to share my thoughts on the Garnier Fructis Volume Extend Dry Shampoo with you!

For the past year, I have been on the hunt for a good dry shampoo. I think it's especially important during this colder season as I simply don't want to wash my hair as often. When I say "as often", I mean every single day. I can't stand dirty, greasy hair but if I can get away with skipping a day (or even stretching out to two) that would be amazing!

A bit of background on my hair! I have normal-fine hair. It often gets so greasy and itchy by the next day to the point where I feel it's necessary to wash my hair. One of the best dry shampoos I've ever used is the Klorane Oatmeal Dry Shampoo, and since it is not readily available, I have been searching for a replacement.

As stated on the product:

This dry shampoo, containing a blend of orange citrus and grape extract, immediately refreshes and bodifies lifeless locks, instantly creating volume you can see and feel. Just spray into flat hair and comb or brush through to absorb oil and instantly eliminate weight and refresh your volume anytime, day or night. 
The Garnier Fructis Volume Extend is designed for fine or flat hair. Since I do have flat hair, I was interested in seeing how this particular dry shampoo works with my hair. I absolutely love the scent of this dry shampoo. It's fruity and refreshing just like other Garnier Fructis products.

The spray is a bit more concentrated which will help you directly apply the product to the roots. While it is lightweight, I didn't feel it did much to volumnize my hair. I also feel that it only absorbed 50-75% of the oils. It was a nice pick-me-up but it didn't finish the job.

This dry shampoo leaves a faint white/greyish cast on my dark brown hair, so I need to be aware of it as I brush it through to distribute the product. It doesn't take much effort to get rid of it! If I recall correctly, this product lasted me a solid month. I normally use it before bedtime, though some mornings I'll use a bit if my hair already feels too greasy. (I'm a night showerer!)

Overview:

Brand: Garnier Fructis
Size: 3.4 oz (96 g)
Notable Scents: Orange Citrus and Grape extract
Retail Price: $5.99
Purchased From: Target ($4.99, plus $1 off coupon)
Purchase Date: November 2014

Overall, it smells wonderful and it does absorb some oils, though not 100%. I felt like it didn't do much to volumize my hair, but it doesn't feel like there is any product in my hair. It isn't hard to brush out the white cast either! I'd give it a 7.5/10!

I am constantly on the look out for dry shampoo, if you have any suggestions, please let me know! I hope you enjoyed my review!