Monday, June 8, 2015

Manicure Monday Featuring Pink and White French Tips

Hello hello! How was the first weekend of June? I am actually off visiting relatives over on the East coast! (It's been 10 years since I've last seen them!) Adventure mode! Today I just wanted to share with you a really quick post! It's pink and white! So girly and cute!

I had done these nails last week for my sister's high school graduation! (Time flies!) I actually had done these nails a couple of weeks back. I couldn't think of anything fancy but fun to do for my nails so I did the same nail as I've done before and just added some dots to accent the nails. I like how it looks; it's a bit different than your typical frenchie mani as well!

For the base coat, I did a light layer of Pure Ice in Satin Ribbon. It makes my nails look like a glassy pink.  For the tips I used Butter London in Knackered. With Sinful Colors in Snow Me White, I used a smaller dotting tool to dot on one side of the tip. I used a top coat to seal and smooth out the design.

It takes some practice but I just swipe diagonally from one side of the nail and then swipe from the other side. I make sure that the tips start at around the same place (about halfway down the nail). At this point,  the center of the tip might need some more polish, so I just fill it in by painting downwards (upwards?); it will be from the edge of the tip to the edge of the nail. If the tip is not opaque enough,  I'll lightly go over it while it's still wet.

Another way to do the tip is to use tape,  but I find that creating the point with the tape is to tedious.

That's really all there is to it. It does take some practice making the tips, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to create these lovely nails!

I hope you enjoyed this week's Manicure Monday! Take care!