Friday, June 5, 2015

Sponsored: Adovia Dead Sea Salt Scrub Review


Hello hello! It's June! Summer vacay anyone? I was given the opportunity to test and review the Adovia Dead Sea Salt Scrub, so today I shall share with you my thoughts on this product!

*Sponsored post* I received this product through a campaign on BrandBacker. BrandBacker is a site that offers a variety of campaigns where you are able to apply and, if selected by the testing companies, you'll get products to review! Check out BrandBacker here.

Reviewing time!

So... when I received this product, I thought it melted in the mail because there was two distinct layers. Obviously, I didn't do my research; if I did I would have known beforehand that that was actually how it's supposed to be!  The top layer is the oil and the bottom is...the salt!
I have tried this four times since I have received the product. I think that it is a great exfoliant for the body; it is not to harsh on the skin but it polishes the skin well and leaves it smooth and hydrated. It's only been a week since I've used the product, and it hasn't irritated my skin at all! I have been enjoying what this salt scrub does to my skin and I love how clean I feel when I use this salt scrub in place of my normal body wash. Shower time has been fun using this to massage into my skin (it helps stimulate circulation!) The salt doesn't feel too abrasive or irritating on the skin either!

The scent of this scrub is in Ocean Breeze which sounds like a pretty unisex kind of scent right? It has quite a musky note to it. It really reminds me a guy's body wash. I can't remember exactly which one it is, but I definitely reminds me of it. I wish it came in a different scent. The scent lingers for a while after shower time. I think the scent is tolerable, but it's just not my cup of tea.

The packaging of this product is in a little tub with a twist off lid. Maybe I am just someone who doesn't know how to use this product, but I just scoop it out with my hands. It's not really a hygienic thing to do. Maybe if it included a little spatula or spoon, it would be better. But...I think salt scrubs normally come in this sort of packaging...? I guess I wouldn't have as much of a problem if it was just a solid substance, but there is still the layer of the natural oils. It actually feels kind of greasy; when I first tried it out. it felt kind of weird, because the oily substance kind of just coats the skin. The way I see it though, is that this substance is actually doing to do wonders for your skin. (I use Vitamin E oil on my face and it has the same consistency.)
The salt dissolves nicely, so it doesn't feel too abrasive on the skin.
Once I placed this on my little bathtub shelf, I decided it's going to stay there. When I try to wipe off all the excess moisture and residue of the product and place it somewhere else, it'll still leave some oiliness on wherever I move it to. It's kind of messy in that regard. I can't seem to pat all of the stuff away. I don't want to touch the tub, it just feels greasy.

Key Ingredients:
  • Minerals from Dead Sea Salt
  • Natural Oils from plant oils (kernel oil, avocado (persea gratissima) oil, sweet almond oil, grape (vitis vinifera) seed oil, etc
Additional Information:
Received: 29 May 2015
Made in: Israel
Size: 11 oz
Scent/Shade: Ocean Breeze
Site to purchase: Amazon ($14.95)
Note: Sponsored Product!

Overall Thoughts:

While I am not too keen on the scent of this salt scrub, I find that it is a lovely product to use. It smooths and hydrates my skin! I feel nice and clean after using this product. I wish that it is less messy to use, maybe if it came with a spatula or spoon to scoop out the product. This is a very generous sized product for the price. It'll definitely take me a while to get through this product. This product is packed with ingredients that are very beneficial to your skin: hydrating and cleansing properties! (You don't even need to put lotion on after your shower and your skin will stay looking and feeling hydrated!) 8.5/10!

I hope you enjoyed my review! This was my first accepted BrandBacker campaign, so I was quite excited about it! Check the site out! Have a lovely weekend and take care!



Disclaimer: Product was received for testing and reviewing purposes. As always, opinions are my own. This is a sponsored post.