Thursday, November 5, 2015

Influenster | Curel Itch Defense VoxBox 2015

Hello hello! Do you like the little sticker I put on the picture? Influenster has a ton of fun stickers and filters to add to pictures! Speaking of Influenster, I received this box from them......weeks (and weeks!) ago. Let's take a look at the contents of this Curel Itch Defense Voxbox!

As I mentioned, this voxbox was provided to me from Influenster for reviewing and testing purposes! Check out Influenster here! (not a referral link!)

The Curel Itch Defense line targets those with dry, itchy skin. On the product, it also states that it was granted the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance which essentially means that this product can be used for people with eczema or severe sensitive skin conditions and it has satisfied the criteria for such a title.

This box includes:
  • Curel Itch Defense Instant Soothing Moisturizing Spray 6oz (170g)
    • Retails $8.99 for 6oz
  • Curel Itch Defense Body Wash 1 fl oz (20mL)
    • Retails $6.99 for 10 oz
  • $1 off Curel lotion coupon
Description/Review:

Cure Itch Defense Body Wash
With hydrating jojoba and olive oils, this calming cleanser works to wash away the itch before it starts. Its gentle, soap-free formula delivers relief from dry, itchy skin in just four days. 

As of this time, I have only used the body wash a few times. The body wash feels kind of like a shower gel but with a lighter consistency/feel. It has a soft, citrus scent that is not overwhelming or offensive. The formulation of this body wash is actually a soap-free formula. What soap-free formulas are is that is it gentle enough for even those with sensitive skin to use.

Curel Itch Defense Instant Soothing Moisturizing Spray
This new spray instantly soothes dry, itchy skin while also improving the skin's moisture barrier. Dermatologist recommended, it works quickly to provide a light, pleasant, cooling sensation exactly where and when you need it.

This spray is revolutionary! (Maybe I'm being a bit overdramatic!) I have seen spray lotions available in stores before, but I have never gotten the chance to try. Spray lotions have definitely made my life easier. I'm the type of person who is too lazy to lotion after showering and even with dry, flaky skin, it doesn't change the way I feel using lotion. I'm just lazy. (I'm very good with applying lotion on my face  though!) Anyways, with this "spray-technology," I just spray it on and rub my legs together and it's all done!

I was initially skeptical of the thin consistency of the formulation. It seemed like just an "instant relief" rather than a more long term moisturizing benefit. I was wrong though! Even those it's thin, my skin feels happy and moisturized for hours after application. This lotion absorbs in the skin quickly and it doesn't feel greasy or sticky. I get both that immediate relief as well as a long-lasting relief with this product. Like the body wash, this lotion has a light citrus scent, but it's not overwhelming nor does it linger.

I have posted a video demoing the products! If you'd like to check it out, I'd appreciate it!
Overall:

I can't speak much for the body wash, but I am in love with the lotion! It has made my life a lot easier and applying lotion effortless. This product saves me time and it saves me from scratching my skin like crazy. It's a fun way to apply lotion as well! I wish this kind of formulation was in more lotions; it just soothes my skin and keeps it moisturized without the greasy feeling! I definitely recommend this product if you are looking for a new lotion to use especially now that we're entering the cold season! (I experienced my first "snow" day...few hours today! Must stock up on hot cocoa and marshmallows!) Anyways, 10/10!

Hope you enjoyed the review (and the vid!) Stay warm and take care!



Disclaimer: Products were received from Influenster for testing and reviewing purposes. As always, opinions are my own!